"That's only a few months away?" I groan. I had completely forgotten about it.

"Yeah? You're still going right? Mom already called in..." Nick trails off. It's obvious I have to go.

"Yeah, I'm still going," I sigh. Besides. It would be right for me to talk about Ethan and Lacey. I feel like talking to everybody about them might help bring me closure. Plus, it'd be great to see familiar faces, even if I'm not close with those people.

I check my phone, a bit anxious for anything from Jake but it's just from Lilly.

'just thought I'd let you know that Aiden and Cassie leave Friday.' Now it makes sense why they were so bummed out today. They only have tomorrow and Friday left now.

'okay...I got a date...'I cringe at how she might reply. She's going to flip. She is probably still mad that Jake ditched me, but she'll probably get over it quick with this news. I'm starting to fully realize how much of a hopeless romantic she really is.

'NO WAY!!!!!! Is it with you know who? 'I laugh to myself and Nick sends me a weird look while we're driving. I just hold up my phone for him to see what I'm doing.

'if you know who is who I think it is then yes.'

'Wait, wait. Let's just use real names...Jake right? Please tell me it's Jake!'

'Of course! Duh. '

I roll my eyes and my phone starts ringing immediately. I don't have to check caller ID to know who it is.

"Oh my gosh! So when, how, where?" Lilly fires at me immediately. I laugh at her anxiousness, but a huge grin is plastered across my own face.

"Nothing is planned yet," I say honestly. Nick pulls up at our house and we both exit the car, while I continue to talk away on my phone. I give Nick a grateful smile as he holds open the front door for me, and he just shakes his head.

"Girls," He mutters, chuckling. I slap punch his shoulder lightly, and Nick looks happy to see my good mood.

I tell Lilly to wait a moment as I run up to my room and close the door behind me. I need a little bit of privacy for this conversation.

"Tell me as soon as you have the details! We're going to go shopping and pick out the perfect outfi-"

"I'm not buying a new outfit!" I interrupt Lilly with a laugh. "You'll just have to make do with what I have at home,"

"Fine," She sighs loudly and I laugh more

"And no going overboard," I can already see her going all out with makeup and clothes. Nope, I plan it to be simple. Besides, I don't even know where we are going yet. This could go anywhere from being an amazing date or really awkward and cheesy. Not that I mind cheesy, but I prey we don't go to a restaurant for our first date.

Friday afternoon rolls by quickly. Everyone was sad to see Aiden and Cassie go. I said my short goodbyes, I know it's rude, but I'm moving on. I'll actually be glad if I don't run into Cassie for a long time. I'm sure she's a great person, but her being in love with Jake and all...It just wasn't working out well for us.

Jake had texted me and told me he would be picking me up tonight, and said to dress warm. So we were probably going to be doing something outside. Lilly insisted on coming over with me after school and reluctantly, I agreed. I told my parents about the date and they seemed beyond happy for me. Not once did anyone mention Ethan to me.

"Ugh! I don't know what I should wear!" I groan as I throw another piece of clothing out of the closest.

"Come on Maggie, don't go all cliché girl on me now," Lilly says while laying down on my bed. The pink streaks in her blonde hair are brighter then ever, as she decided to pass the time at my house by re-dyeing them.

"I thought you were going to help me!" I throw my hands up in the air.

"Fine," She sighs and stand up. She walks over to my closest. "He said dress warmly right?" I nod. She digs through my clothes. "Here," She says only seconds later and holds out an outfit to me. It's a long crème colored sweater and some leggings. She then proceeds to grab some black ankle boots. The outfit is really cute and I'm jealous I never thought of that.

"I didn't even see that," I mumble as I quickly go to the bathroom and change. The weather has taken a turn for the worst and tonight is supposed t be even colder. Early November in Wisconsin sucks. Lilly tells me that soon the snow will start sticking to the ground. It's only snowed a handful of times here, but there is no way I'm ready to get five feet of snow. Sure I love how it looks, but too much is overwhelming. I kind of miss the warmth of Florida.

I put on the warm outfit and exit the bathroom. She really is good at this type of stuff, even if her style is slightly different then mine. Lilly claps.

"Perfect!" She grins. "Now, let me do your makeup," She pushes me back into the bathroom, and grabs her purse. She works her magic, and in the end it turns out looking perfect.

An hour later, Lilly and I find ourselves anxiously waiting in the living room. My parents were home early tonight so all of us, including Nick, are sitting around. The TV is on and everyone is watching it except me and Lilly.
You could sense Lilly's excitement from 4 rooms away. I cant say I'm not excited either.

Then the doorbell rings.

"He's here!" Lilly squeals and jumps like a kid who got candy.

"Shush," I tell her and laugh. I stand up to answer it, but Lilly moves in front of me.

"Sorry! I'm just really happy for you. Okay! Um should I answer it or you?" I stare at Lilly like she grew an extra head.

"Yeah she's here, hold on, Maggie! Jake's here!" Nick's voice calls. In the middle of our talking he must have answered the door.

"Damn, I was going to answer it," Lilly mutters. I stands frozen, not so sure about this anymore. Lilly huffs and stands behind me, then precedes to push me towards the door.

"She's coming!" Lilly calls. I stumble forward in front of the door and shoot daggers at Lilly.

"I can walk myself you know," I say, but she just winks. I turn and see Jake standing in the doorway, looking fairly embarrassed. Jeesh! I didn't know he could be embarrassed until these past few days. "Er, hi Jake," I say and smile.

"Hey," He smiles back. Lilly gives me another shove towards him.

"You two have fun!" She sings.

"Not too much fun though," Nick points out with a small glare, but I can see his hidden smile. My face turns red, and I'm sure Jake is uncomfortable too.

"Nick!" I yell as they walk away, but he just laughs. "Okay," I take a steadying breath. I can do this. It's only Jake after all. Not like he's going to kill me.

"Ready?" Jake asks and holds out his hand. He has a dazzling smile on his face and I grin back.

"Ready," I say and take his hand in mine.

Okay so i didn't want to do the date scene yet and that's why it's so short. I'm so happy with how far Jake and Maggie have grown. I love these charcters so much. I'll try to update soon and as many times as i can! My birthday is comming up so this is my birthday gift to you!