10 | The Crossroads of Destiny

It's the next morning and Iroh is the first one up. Today is the day where he opens his new tea shop in the Upper Ring. After doing a few morning stretches, Uncle Iroh gets started with his day by making a batch of tea.

Upon passing Arlington and Zuko, Iroh does a double take. His nephew sleeps with his arms tightly wrapped around Arlington and Arlington is cuddled up against his chest. Iroh softly smiles at the couple. He leaves them and works on making tea, softly humming a traditional tune.

↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠

A few hours have passed. Iroh, Arlington, Zuko, and Peanut have moved to their new apartment in the Upper Ring. The Prince appears to be doing better, but he has been mostly resting all day. Arlington leaves her room feeling refreshed for the first time since she arrived in this world.

"Whatcha cooking, Uncle?" A sweet, yet bland smell floats around the apartment. Arlington walks over to the stove.
"Jook." Iroh continues to stir the mixture.
"It looks like oatmeal." Arlington pokes the food with a spoon.
Uncle Iroh heartily laughs. "It probably doesn't taste like what you think."

"Good morning." Zuko's raspy voice fills the room. He walks over to Arlington and plants a kiss on her cheek. She blushes deeply. Iroh smiles.
"What's that smell?" Prince Zuko asks, he's clearly in a better mood than usual.
"It's jook. I'm sure you wouldn't like it." Uncle continues to stir the thick mixture. Zuko bows over the pot, inhaling, as Iroh steps back.
"Actually, it smells delicious. I'd love a bowl, Uncle." Zuko eagerly holds out a bowl. Arlington tilts her head, not understanding why the Prince is in such a good mood. 'Maybe his metamorphosis actually did something.'
"Now that your fever is gone, you seem different somehow." Iroh is also skeptical.
"It's a new day. We've got a new apartment, new furniture, and today's the grand opening of your new tea shop. Things are looking up, Uncle." Zuko moves to the table and kneels as he speaks, sipping from the bowl and looking out an open window. Iroh's concerned look melts into a pleased smile at his nephew's new attitude. Arlington, on the other hand, is still not entirely sure why Zuko is so happy.

↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠

Arlington is dressed in green, silky robes. Her top is a simple, flowing tee-shirt, but is decorated with elaborate embroideries. To her preference, Arlington wears comfy pants that are a darker shade of green than her top. Her, Peanut, Zuko, and Iroh oversee the opening of Uncle's tea shop.

"Who thought when we came to this city as refugees, that I'd end up owning my own tea shop. Follow your passion and life will reward you." Uncle Iroh gives advice to the two teens.
"You definitely deserve it Uncle." Arlington smiles.
"Congratulations Uncle." Zuko chimes in.
"I'm very thankful." Bashfulness is laced in Iroh's voice.
"The Jasmine Dragon will be the best tea shop in the city." Zuko says confidently. Peanut barks like he's agreeing.
"No, I'm thankful because you two decided to share this special day with me. It means more than you know." Uncle embraces the duo. Arlington smiles.
"Now let's make these people some tea." The Banished Prince is enthusiastic.
"Yes! Let's make some tea!" Iroh cheers. Arlington playfully rolls her eyes.
"You two are weirdos." They all laugh.

'Maybe things really are looking up.'

↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠

It was a long, busy day, but it was nice. The evening has set in and with it, a gentle breeze. Arlington loads tea cups onto a bucket strapped to Peanut. He carries them to the kitchen where Iroh washes them. Zuko is sweeping when a man enters and walks up to him. Uncle exits the kitchen to approach the man.