Chapter Sixteen: Third, The Recovery

Sky's Point Of View:

I've been walking on crutches for three days now, and I think I'm ready to start walking without them. Seth was at school, so he wasn't here to catch me if I fell... but it's ok, I got it. I get off my bed and put my crutches down. I take one step forward with my good leg.

"So far, so good," I say, preparing my left leg. I move it forward and put my weight on it. I yelped in pain and fell to the ground.

"Never mind," I say, sitting on the floor. I looked at the incision on my leg. It looked good, but I'm no doctor. I heard a knock at the door and saw Julie, Seth's mom, walk inside.

"Hey sweet— what are you doing on the floor?!" She yelled as she dropped her bag to help me up, and put me back on my bed.

"I tried to walk without the crutches," I said, slinking my head in shame.

"Oh honey, you should wait and let your muscles grow stronger first." She told me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I know, I know." Julie got up and went to get her bag. She pulled out a container and handed it to me. I looked at her confused and opened it. It was full of fudge.

"You might want to hide that from Seth, if he sees it... Just don't let him see it." She said sitting next to me, smiling.

"T-thank you Mrs. Hall, you didn't have to—" I started to say, but she cut me off.

"Okay Sky, you are gonna be living with us soon so first off, stop calling me Mrs. Hall, just call me Julie. Second, stop being shy around me. If I give you something, you don't have to say 'oh, you didn't have to' or 'oh, I can't accept this,' just say thank you. Also if you ever need something don't be afraid to ask." She said as Dr. Torres and Dr. Stevens walked in.

"Oh no, do I need another surgery?" I asked, terrified. Dr. Stevens just started chuckling.

"No, you don't, we are just here to check up on you." Dr. Torres said as she looked at my leg. She looked back up to me and smiled.

"Sky, do you see how your hair is growing back where I did the surgery?" I looked back down and sure enough my hair was growing back. It looked a little weird before because one part of my leg had no hair, but it was coming back.

"Yeah."

"That's a really good sign, it means nothing abnormal is going on. I think you are good to go home." She said, smiling to me.

"R-really?" I asked, getting my hopes up. I knew I shouldn't, but I can't help it.

"Yeah, we have no other reason to keep you here. You have recovered, all you have to do is keep working the leg." She told me, she got up and left to get the discharge papers. I was going to leave this hospital after two months. Finally! Julie turned to look at me.

"Hey Sky, do you want to call Seth saying to meet you at the house?" I looked at her and gave her a smile.

"I've got a better idea."

--------------------------------------------------------
Seth's Point Of View:

I went to lunch and sat next to Sky's friends. At the beginning of Sky's recovery, it was kinda awkward sitting there without him, but they have really grown on me. Jasper would sometimes come to ask Morgan to date him again, but it never worked.

"Dude, go away, you literally tried to rape Sky the first day you were here." Morgan said, completely nonchalantly. It's strange how quickly he recovered after breaking up with him.