Part 1: "Damn... She's beating your ass"

Raelynn(Rae) and I set up the stage again for the third time tonight to perform our final song of the night and one of my personal favorites 'Here' by Alessia Cara. Taking the piano off the stage, we both set up two stools, grabbed our guitars, and I began to sing the first verse

"I'm sorry if I seem uninterested or I'm not listenin' or I'm indifferent"

"Truly, I ain't got no business here, but since my friends here, I just came to kick it"

The rest of the song was sang by me and Rae singing different verses and singing the main chorus together. Once the performances of the night were over, we made our way to 'our' booth and waiting for Rae's grandma to bring us out coffee. "So?" Rae asks while staring me down

"So what?" I ask wondering what she could be going on about

"Are you kidding me?! Did you not see that guy checking you out?" She basically yells at me earning a few looks from the people surrounding us

"Oh my god!" I laughed, I mean really laughed

When done, the look on her face shows that she did not expect me to laugh "Okay... Number one. I'm only 17 and I'm pretty sure that man was like 23.  and Number 2. I already have enough going on in my life and I do not need to add a boyfriend to the mix". I say ready to get the whole speech on how we're young and we need to live

"Come on Alexa, I know you have to like at least one person in the whole state of Georgia."

"No actually I don't"

Ever since my parents died, I've become so used to a schedule that I haven't had time to think about boys. Most of the time when I'm not at school, home, or the gym, I'm usually singing, acting, or numbing the pain of my parents loss.

Raelynn's been my best friend since we were 10, from that point in my life we've been basically glued together ever since. My family was like her second family so we both had each other to mourn with, which turned out better than expected.

In all honesty the only people I need in my life is my sister Sophie, my younger brother Miles, and who can forget about the one and only Raelynn.

Once finished with our coffee we decided to call it a night and headed our separate ways. Every once and a while we'll take a cab together, but mostly we both walk home since it isn't usually dark out. Since we sang three songs it's getting dark-ish.

After a fifteen minute walk I ended up at my little suburb home. I could see Miles' light on so I knew he was home early from soccer practice. Soph's car wasn't in the driveway so she was either on a date with her boyfriend Marco or still at work.

I walked up the marble stairs to go inside and get the leftover pizza out of the fridge. I heated it up in the oven, while waiting, I texted Mark asking him if we still had a session tomorrow after school. Ten minutes later the oven timer rang and Mark texted back letting me know we were still on. I pulled the pizza out of the oven and put three pieces on two plates and called down Miles.

When calling his name three times didn't work I went upstairs to his room. I knocked on the door and still got no response, getting tired of waiting I pushed his door open with force, only to find him with his headphones on and his feet propped up on his desk tapping his foot lightly to the beat of the music which I could hear loud and clear.

I looked around the room for a few seconds and finally came across a pack of cards, walking over to where they were I picked them up and threw them at his head while putting my hands on my hips.

He turned around with a scowl on his face as he dropped his feet off the desk to stand up "What the hell A?"

"Don't 'what the hell A' me, you shouldn't even have your music up that loud anyways. I called your names like a million times.... I made pizza."