Part 12: "I'm most likely going to cry myself to sleep."

*-*Back to Alexa's POV*-* (Let me know if you guys want more of Kesten's POV) Also, I don't know if you'll be confused but I just want to clarify this, everything that happened in the past 3 parts was on Friday. They slept till the next day when they fell asleep, so therefore it's Saturday in this chapter. It's not late when she goes home, it's like 3 in the afternoon. So they woke up at like 12 :) If you want you can choose the time for your liking. Now... I'll shut up and let you read.

I know for sure I'll never do that again, I think to myself waking up from sleep.

Immediately I notice Kesten's arms around my waist. Something is on my head so I can't really move. Screw this. Jerking my head up hitting his chin.

"What happened? Are you okay? Do you need somethi-" He stops freaking out once he see's me laughing.

"Y-You're reaction!" I laugh uncontrollably

A few minutes pass and Kesten is giving me a blank stare with a hint of pity behind the look. "I'm guessing you wan't to talk about it." I sigh

I lean back against the headboard, my head hitting it with a thud. He scoots over in front of me crossing his legs.

"Promise you won't tell anyone?" I ask

He holds up his pinky and touches it to his heart "Swear on my life."

"Our parent's died in a car accident-or at least I thought it was. Today, I found out it was not an accident. Soph told me it was planned, someone purposely tried to kill them. I don't know much about it because I stormed out before we could sit down and talk about it." I explain

"I don't mean to be a bitch but it's hard, I can't put it into words about how hard it is. Because they raised me. Only one person besides the two family I have left has been there for me, Raelynn, she's been through it all with me. I handle the pain with various distractions lik-"

"Like Jeremy, drugs, and alcohol." He interrupts/finishes for me. I glare at him slightly.

"Yes all those are true. When you began to annoy me, it showed you cared enough to actually talk to me and try to get to know me. Multiple people have tried to do that but I push them all away. I don't know what makes you different, maybe it's because you're always there annoying the crap out of me. Also I feel like I can talk to you about serious things, even though I never do." I laugh with a sad smile. "There are my sad emotions and my problems."

It's quiet after that and we just sit there in a strangely comfortable silence. It's nice being able to tell someone my emotions, the things going on through my head. I feel like he knows where I'm coming from, weirdly. I go to get up off the bed, but before my foot even hits the floor, Kesten grabs my arm.

I look up at him and he gives me a sad smile.

"When you're practicing with Mark, I'm always up here, in his apartment watching his tv and eating his food. That's where he is now, he took my mom to a doctor four hours. My dad was gonna take her but Mark wouldn't let him, he wanted to spend time with her because he's always busy and rarely gets to see her." He begins "My mom, she's really sick. My dad must think I'm an awful son because I'm never there, but I can't see her like that. She's always been happy, smiling all the time, even when I was yelling at her for embarrassing me, she was smiling. Now she's laying in her bed staring at the ceiling looking, a-almost dead-" he chokes up.

"Hey." He looks up from looking at his lap with watery eyes. "You don't have to do this."I put my hand on his shoulder.

He shakes his head, a tear falling from his eyes. "I need to. She has lung cancer. I knows she won't be here much longer and I'm not willing to accept that yet." He finishes

Distractions [completed]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara