Black tailed mermaid

Laurence's pov

For some reason I couldn't remember anything that happened. All I remember is that there was a lot of yelling. I gripped my hair as tears fell from my eyes. Aphmau is gone...did I do something to hurt her? "Why do I not remember!?" I yelled and threw a book into the wall. I angrily wiped the tears away and tried to remember what happened but every time I would my mind would go blank.

"Laurence?" A voice asked and the door creaked open. "What do you want!?" I yelled and Dante looked surprised. I covered my face with my hand and sunk down in my chair. "I'm sorry Dante.....what do you need?" I asked and Dante came into the room. "Laurence....Aphmau....she wanted me to tell you that she needed to take care of something before she came back." Dante said and I stood up.

"Where did she go!? Why did she not tell me anything before she left!?" I yelled and Dante said "Laurence...Aphmau looked really upset and...another person was with her...the other girl had blue hair." My eyes widened and I started to remember that argument with that blue haired woman. "She! That woman was trying to make me give up Aphmau!" I said angrily.

I sighed as my head started to hurt and Dante asked "What will we do Laurence?" I shook my head and said "No....this is Aphmau's choice...we will wait seven days for Aphmau's return............if she doesn't return then....we will...go." It was hard to say but I managed to get the words out. For some reason I felt like I was hurting Aphmau or doing something for her to hate me but what?

Dante nodded and picked up the book and set it on the table. "Rest for now Laurence." Dante said and then left the room. I sighed and left the room as well. I walked to the railing of the ship and looked into the water. Then, I saw something dark and I started leaning into the railing. "Come" a voice said and before I knew it I could hear Dante yell. I felt something cold and wet hit me.

My vision went black and then I saw a girl in front of me. She had long white hair and purple eyes. "Wh-what?" I looked around and I was underwater but I could breath. I couldn't move my arms or legs...only my head. "Where am I!?" I yelled and the woman smirked. "So...you're in love with a mermaid huh?" The woman asked and I nodded. This woman was a mermaid too. She had a black tail but her eyes were full of death.

"Hmm. Which one will pay my little shadow?" She asked and my eyes widened. "L-little....shadow..." The woman smiled and I felt something cold touch my neck. I looked down and saw she had a dagger to my throat. "Should I kill you or.....wait....maybe I should wait until your power has grown too strong that you can't hold it back anymore...should you be the one to kill your lover?"