Aphmau

Laurence's pov

I tried asking the girl questions but she just ignored me. I sighed and gave up for a bit. I left the room and saw Jeffory sneak in. I sighed knowing what he was going to do. I knew he just wanted to let the girl go but I need her........or Cadenza's father will never accept me. I looked around and saw Jeffory's daughter looking off into the water. "Hey Abby." I said as I patted her head.

"Hi Lawence." She said. She was still only six so she could hardly say my name. I smiled and looked out into the sea. "What're you looking at?" I asked and she pointed to something bright blue in the water. "It's mommy." She said. I narrowed my eyes in confusion and asked "Who is you mom?" She smiled and said "Daddy's mermaid friend Katelyn! Daddy said she is just a friend but I want her to be my mommy!"

I nodded and looked back out into the sea. The blue figure was gone and I decided to go back to he purple tailed mermaid. I saw Jeffory just walking to the door and I frowned. "Jeffory. Why were you hiding that you knew a mermaid?" He froze and stared at me. "C-Captain.....I.....she was my friend before I was a pirate......I couldn't just give her up." He said in a worried voice.

"Jeffory, don't even think about releasing this mermaid." I said in a commanding ton and he looked down and nodded. "Yes sir." He left the room and I kneeled down looking the mermaid. "Will you at least tell me your name?" I asked and she didn't answer. Then, I saw something golden in her hand. "Wait. Is that!?" I said excited and she looked at me.

"You mean this?" She asked as she held out the pocket watch. "Oh, thank Irene it isn't lost!" I yelled happily. She handed me the pocket watch and I smiled a big grin and looked at it. I could see the girl smile and I said "Hey, I finally got you to smile." I said and she frowned again and turned away. This was going to be tuff. "Let's make a deal." I said and the girl looked at me.

"I am bringing you to Meteli and after I am done I will release you." I said softly and the girl stared into my eyes. "So please. Tell me your name." I asked and she sighed. "My name.........is.......Aphmau..." She said quietly. "That's a beautiful name Aphmau." I said with a smile and she blushed. She looked away from me and turned her back to me once again.

I left the room and went to the crews quarters. I saw Dante sitting on his bed sharpening his sword. Dante was the only one who is able to call me by my name instead of Captain. "Ah, Laurence, I need to ask you something." He said and I nodded. "What are you going to do with the mermaid? How will that get Cadenza's father to accept you?" Dante asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know. I thought that if he saw the mermaid he would know that I am a worthy pirate that would..........be accepted." I said as I looked down at my hands. "Laurence, we do need to be carful though. I heard a rumor that an evil pirate sails these seas in search for weaker pirates with some pretty valuable treasures." Dante said worried. "Who is this pirate?" I asked.

"They say his eyes are as black as midnight and he lost his son and wife to that other pirate of O'khasis. They say he never shows his face but he is extremely strong.........they say his name is........Aaron"

(Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry if it's kinda boring or dumb cuz my cousin was reading this over my shoulder as I wrote so it made it hard to focused. Sorry.)