Rescued

Aphmau's pov

I hope someone comes and saves me quick. I made the mistake of telling 'Laurence' my name and now I regret it. "Captain! A ship is approaching!" I heard someone yell. I wanted to know what was going on but.....you know how that goes when your in a tank. I could hear faded talking and then the door opened. "A-Aaron!" I yelled as I saw the man at the door.

This man Aaron has saved me many times from other pirates and I was so happy to see him. "Aphmau, did they hurt you?" Aaron asked and I shook my head. "Get away from her!" I heard Laurence yell as he came running with an emerald colored sword. Aaron sighed and said "Be right back." He pulled out his dark purple sword and started to fight Laurence.

I saw sparks fly between the two swords and Aaron ended up kicking Laurence in the stomach knocking him down. Aaron was about to kill Laurence before I yelled "Wait Aaron!" I grabbed his arm and then I realized something......where was my tail. I looked down and I was in a short white dress and I had.........legs. "Eep!" I yelled and hid behind Aaron. I don't know why I felt embarrassed but....I just did.

Why now of all times? Yes, every week I somehow have legs. Enki, my father told me that it was from my mother Irene who was human and who....passed away after I was born. Aaron knew this could happen and he said "Aphmau, make a break for the sea." I nodded and said "Don't kill him Aaron. I'm gonna go aboard your ship because I have no idea where we are." Aaron nodded and I ran.

I stopped as everyone started staring at me and I ran back inside of the room with Laurence and Aaron. "Umm." I said and Aaron took off his coat and gave it to me. I put it on and pulled it shut. Then, I ran out avoiding everyone trying to catch me. I ran aboard Aaron's ship and saw Katelyn. She had legs too! "Katelyn how did you get legs!?" I yelled surprised and she smiled.

"You know that witch that lives outside of Phoenix Drop?" Katelyn asked and I nodded. "Yeah you mean Lucinda?" She nodded and said "Yeah, she can make potions that make you human for some time." I hugged her and I saw Aaron walking to the boat. He looked really cool! He just dodged the pirates attacks and boarded his boat like it was his everyday routine.

"Ready to go?" Aaron asked and I nodded. "Katelyn, get Aphmau some cloths that's more comfortable." Katelyn nodded and the boat started to leave. "Fire the cannons!" I heard Laurence yell. I looked back at the Meteli boat and a cannon was flying towards the sails. "Not on my watch!" Yelled Aaron as he jumped into the air splitting the cannon in half with his sword.

Everyone on the Meteli boat stood shocked and Aaron splashed down a potion that made our boat and all the crew invisible. Katelyn gave me a purple dress and I sat on one of the beds in the crew quarters.......why do I feel so lonely? I sighed and stood up. Then, something fell off the bed.......it was that pocket watch.