Past to Present

Aphmau's pov

I-I-I-I-I kissed him! I pulled away from Laurence and he stood shocked and I was blushing like crazy. Then, Laurence's cheeks were burned red and he put his hand over his mouth. "U-um......s-s-sorry." I said. I just wanted to crawl in a hole and die. "A-are you okay?" Laurence asked and I couldn't even look him in the eyes I was so embarrassed.

I nodded and said "Y-yeah....I was just a little scared when so many people were at the door." The air filled with awkward silence and I looked down at my hands. "So, do I get another kiss for saving you?" Laurence joked and I blushed from head to toe. I bit down on my lip and stood on my tippy toes and gave Laurence a light peck on the cheek. He blushed madly and I giggled.

"I-I.....was just joking...y-you didn't have to do th-that." Laurence stuttered and I said "I know." Laurence laughed a little and said "Oh! Yes, where do you want to go? We can sail anywhere." I thought for a moment but all I could think of was home. "Um, if we jus sail that's fine." I said and Laurence smiled. "Okay." Laurence said and I blushed. I don't know why I felt so embarrassed.

Play music

I am in love with Laurence but how do I tell him? "Are you hungry?" Laurence asked and I nodded. "Kay, be right back." Laurence left and I went back into the room. I sat down at a small table in the corner and noticed something on the floor. I picked it up and it was a drawing. The picture I was guessing was Laurence and that red haired girl. There was a man in the middle of the two of them.......Laurence's father?

"I'm back." Laurence said and I jumped. I hid the picture behind my back and turned to face Laurence. Why am I hiding this? I don't think I did anything wrong. Laurence set a tray of food down on the table and narrowed his eyebrows. "What are you hiding behind your back? My heart started racing and I slowly moved the picture from behind my back.

"Sorry....I didn't mean to hide it." I said as I handed Laurence the picture. Laurence looked shocked when he saw the picture and he said "Where did you get this?" He asked and I said "I found it on the floor.....that is you right? Who are the other people?" Laurence looked sad and he sat down across from me. "Yeah....that's me and the red head is my step-sister Cadenza and the guy in the middle."

Laurence stopped talking and I looked at him concearned. "Um....he was my step-father. None of us were related by blood but they adopted me....." Laurence went silent and I noticed he said 'was his father' "What happened? Why did you turn into a pirate if you have such a loving family?" I asked and Laurence looked at the picture. "When I was younger Cadenza and I would always play pirates."

Laurence stopped and took a shaky deep breath. "I always thought pirates were so cool but Cadenza's father was against it so when I finally turned 18 I saved up my money and bought this ship. Cadenza's father was really mad when I told him I was going to sail the seas and we had a big fight.....well I gathered a crew and I went back and told him 'I will get you to accept me as a pirate. I will bring you back a mermaid.'"

Tears were now threatening to fall from Laurence's eyes and he continued. "We had another big fight and Cadenza supported me but when I left and came back after you left......I learned that our father had.......died......I never got to apologize.....we just had to part with a fight." Laurence was now crying and I stood up and hugged him.....who knew he was going through all this by himself.