Kiss

Laurence's pov

Aphmau was waiting for her tail to dry and I walked up to her. "Why did you come back?" I asked and she blushed and looked away. "U-um.....I was just.....worried." She said not looking at my face and I didn't know how to apologize to her about that......kiss. "A-Aphmau I-" I was cut off by Dante. "Laurence!" I sighed and left to go to Dante. "What?" I asked and he asked "What are we doing? Why do we still have her?"

"I don't know Dante I just......if she wants to leave then we will let her go." I said and Dante nodded. "But Laurence, she's a mermaid. Won't that cause trouble?" He asked and I shook my head. "No because she can turn human." I said and Dante's eyes widened. "Oh yeah, she can can't she?" I nodded and I dismissed myself. I walked back to the deck and luckily nobody was here.

"Hey." I said and Aphmau looked at me. "H-hi." She said as she looked back at the sea. "Do you want to go back?" I asked and she froze for a second then shook her head. "No but.....everyone I know is in the sea." Aphmau said sadly and I looked into her eyes. "If you ever want to leave....you have the choice to." I said as I smiled at her. Then, her tail started to shine and she was in that white dress once again.

"Here." I said as I held out my hand and she took my offered hand. I helped her stand up and she stumbled a little but I caught her. She smiled and I walked her to my room. "You can sleep here, I will sleep in the crew quarters......unless you want me to sleep in there with you." I said jokingly and she slammed the door in my face. "Oh come on. It was a joke." I said as I laughed.

Was she blushing when I said that? I shrugged my shoulders and went into the crew quarters. I laid down on a hammock and swung myself back and forth as I slowly drifted off. When I woke up I could hear a commotion coming from the top deck. I got up and slipped on my boots and walked up the stairs. "Captain! There's a girl!" Dale yelled as he took a drink of his root beer.

"Oh.....yeah." I almost forgot about Aphmau. Everyone was crowding around my bedroom door trying to get it open but I guess Aphmau locked it. "Everyone! Get back to your stations!" I yelled and everyone jumped. "Who is the hot girl Captain?" Travis asked and I glared at him. "She is um......my girlfriend." I said and everyone gasped. "Congratulations Captain!" Everyone yelled out and I sighed irritated,

"Okay, thank you now please leave." I said and everyone left. I knocked on the door and I heard it unlock. I was then hugged and it took me by surprise. "A-Aphmau." I said and she hugged me tighter. "I was so scared." Aphmau said with a shaking voice. I hugged her back and pulled her face up to look at me. She looked like she wanted to cry and I said "I'm sorry. I didn't know they would do that."

Aphmau then put her hands on the side of my head pulled my head down.......I could feel her lips press against mine and I blushed like crazy.