.:Driving Myself Insane:. Chapter Ten

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, okay. But the place has to be public." I said.

"Of course. Private places cost to much." He stated as he turned and started leading the way to the food court. Wow. Costs too much? Cheap-o. I shouldn't have been surprised. The only that he had bought me while we were dating was a necklace. And it had only cost him a quarter. It ended up breaking when he tried putting it on me. 

I frowned as we passed one of those advertisement boards. It was showing the ocean, which reminded me of Colby, oddly. Maybe it was just because of his eyes. God damn it. At this rate, I'll probably have illusions of other people's faces morphing into his like in those crappy TV shows! 

Riley bought me Subway-but only a freaking six inch. At least I never had to worry about this guy spending loads of money on me. No, he would try to spend as little as possible. Which is funny because he's just as rich as Colby is. 

"So..." He started to say, then trailed off, obviously waiting for me to say something.

I said the only thing I could think of "Hi!"

Riley frowned, "Uh, hello?"

I poked his cheek, rolling my eyes, "Man, you're boring. Even Colby-" I stopped myself. Okay, did every thought I have lead up to him? And why was I comparing everyone to him after one freaking day! This was starting to piss me off. I've done more thinking of Colby in the last 30 hours than I had in the last six years. I guess that's not saying a lot since the only time I couldn't help but think of him was when he was pulling some kind of prank on me.

"Why Colby? You're giving him a chance, but not me?" He asked. "Why?"

I shrugged, "I've already given you plenty of chances when we were together. Technically, I've never given Colby a chance before. It's only fair, you know." 

He stared at my, his brown eyes full of annoyance, "But he's Colby remember? When we were together, you complained about him all the time! And now you're d-"

"I swear to God," I warned, "If you say that I'm dating him, I'll stick my foot so far up your ass that-"

"Okay, okay. But why?" 

I figured he did have a point. He was only saying what I'd been convincing myself this entire time. But why did I need to remind myself? I should have been able to remember, even when I was looking into his eyes, even when we were both laughing, even when we were so close our shoulders were brushing. It made no sense to me. 

"I...I don't know, Riley." I answered honestly yet hesitantly, staring straight past him from my seat. Part of me wanted Colby to show up out of no where, or anyone else to make this less awkward, but no one did. I couldn't even see anyone I knew from school.

Since I was blacking out for a moment, I was surprised to see Riley leaning across the table, his face nearing mine. I frowned at him, backing up in my chair. 

"Aw come on, Katherine," he coaxed, "Just kiss me once. See if you feel that spark again."