Working Together

~Last Chapter~

And I just stayed there like that until I fell into a dreamless sleep..

========================

Normal POV

"Hey guys.." Natsu said lazily as he made his way to his regular group of friends.

"Whoa, someone slept on the wrong side of the bed." Said Mira with an eyebrow raised. "What happened to you?"

"Just couldn't get sleep is all." Natsu shrugged the question off.

"And here comes sleepy head number two!" Added Levy.

"Hey guys.." Said Gray with a yawn and visible bags under his eyes just like Natsu.

"What's up with you?" Asked Natsu.

"Just couldn't get sleep is all.." He murmured.

"Or your just bumped cause you got rejected." Natsu said in a low voice so only he could hear.

"Why you little!-"

"Natsu." Lisanna called interrupting their almost fight. "Can...Can we talk?" He looked at her with guilty eyes remembering how he just left her yesterday.

"Yeah, sure." They walked over to the lockers and talked while Lisanna took out her books from her locker.

"So, about yesterday-" Natsu began but was cut off.

"It's alright. I guess you could say I learned my lesson. I shouldn't have tried to split them apart or get Lucy mad..." Natsu had a sincere smile on his face when he heard her say that.

"And about the last part I said...I'm not going to say that I'm going to get over you in the blink of an eye but... I will eventually. So I want you to know that I'm fine with you liking someone else okay?" She closed her locker and held her books to her chest.

"Okay wow, that went completely different from what I thought was going to happen." He chuckled a bit while scratching the back of his head. Then he noticed the last part she said.

"W-Wait, What? Pffft I don't like anyone Lis." Natsu said while avoiding eye contact.

"Oh please, I can totally see that your head over heals for Lucy~." She wiggled her eyebrows trying to prove her point.

"W-Whatever. I'm just glad that we're back how to we were before, and maybe even better." He said with a smile.

"Yeah." She returned his smile. "And by the way. How is Lucy doing? You know, about the break up and all that." They started walking down the hall slowly as they continued their conversation.

"Well...She um, got back together with him." He still had a smile on his face but you could see the pain behind it.

"Wait. They're back together?!" She looked at him with wide eyes.

"Yeah. And saying it twice kinda doesn't help." Natsu complained.

"No no. You don't understand. Yukino messaged me yesterday telling me how great it was to be going out with Sting!" Now It was Natsu's turn to look wide eyed.