Chapter 8: A Change

Babe??

What's happening?

Wasn't she with...

This is getting more complicated!

I looked at Hannah feeling disgusted by the actions of the guy.

She wanted to explain to me, and I gave her the chance.

"Erm actually, Jennifer, I lied to you about something. I'm not with Charlie. I'm married. And I'm married to him", she pointed towards the guy who was holding her from behind.

"He's Andrew Dawson, my husband. There's a reason why I lied to you. Please listen to me.", he shook my hand and then gave me a smile before walking away, knowing that Hannah wanted to talk to us privately.

"Charlie likes you so I decided to tell you that I'm dating with him. I just wanted to know what type of girl are you. You're really different from all the girls.", she told me.

"Different?", I asked.

"Ever since you found out that Charlie had a "girlfriend" you really maintained your distance from him. You really understand what is right and wrong when it comes to a guy being in a relationship!"

I didn't even understand what she was saying! But Charlie told me her has a girlfriend! This entire house is so confusing.

"Anyways, isn't that quite stupid that Charlie and I are in a relationship? We've been letting out so many damn clues! First mum telling Charlie that she wanted to see his girlfriend and I said it was me, when she was not even shock to see me. Then I was wearing my wedding ring. After that I called Charlie babe and he got shock. How many more clues should I leave?", she began to laugh.

"Adding on, I'm too short for my brother. You're perfect for him. It's just the matter whether you want to be with him or not.", she smiled at me.

"I don't know what to say Hannah. I'm actually not an observant person. I've behaved rudely to Charlie! It's all my fault.", I tried to cover my face with my hands.

"No it's not! Don't worry! He understands. I think you should go and find him while I'll take a seat before Andrew gives me a lecture on being an irresponsible future mum!"

"You're pregnant!", I exclaimed!

"Not that obvious huh? I'm actually 4 months pregnant. I've been married to Andrew for 2 years already! Anyways we can continue to talk later. Go on and find Charlie!", she pushed me and giggled.

"And Jennifer!", I stopped in my tracks and looked at her.

"Charlie's a good guy. He might have a cocky attitude but he has a soft side!".

Talk about getting tips to impress your childhood's friend's brother.

What have I done?! I just have to find Charlie and get this all sorted out.

But where was he?

Oh wait!

He should be on the rooftop, just like yesterday.

I quickly made my way up and saw Charlie.

He was standing all alone.

"Hey!", I greeted him.

He just simply ignored me.

What the hell was that?

"I'm talking to you!", I exclaimed.

He ignored again.

"Are you going to say anything? Or are you going to...", he interrupted me immediately.

"What do you want?", he asked.

"I just want to apologise to you."

"About what?", he was finally facing me.

"About my attitude towards you. Ever since I found out that Hannah was your girlfriend, I tried my best to maintain the distance between us because I don't want any misunderstandings to arise.", I explained. 

"I'm sorry! Will you forgive me?", i took a step forward.

He has a soft side.

I could hear Hannah's voice in my head. Please forgive me Charlie.

"I'll forgive you under one condition.".

Oh no! This isn't good! He had a smirk on his face.

"And what is it?", I asked him, hesitantly.

"Kiss me!"

"What the f*ck are you talking about! There's no way I'm gonna give my first kiss to you..."

What did I just blurted out. 

He was staring at me, in disbelieve.

"You just gave me a shock of my life! Firstly because you cursed and secondly you had never had your first kiss!", he just couldn't believe it, could he?

"What's your problem! You thought I couldn't  curse you?! And yes, I never had my first kiss! And I'm not embarrassed by that fact, at all!", I stocked my tongue out at him.

"Are you five or something? Do you even know how old was I when I had my first kiss? I was eight! And I made out with a girl when eleven. Lastly, I had lose my virginity at the age of fifteen! And here, you didn't even had your first kiss at the age of 29? How did you control your hormones? Wait! Are you even human?", he began to blabber.

"Wait! Did you just said I'm 29?", I asked, in the state of shock.

"Yeah why? You're 29 right?", he asked me.

"No! I'm 21, you idiot!", I yelled at the top of my voice.

He made the 'O' face and averted his gaze.

"Apology accepted!", I rolled my eyes as I spoke.

"Yeah, I'm sorry! You just looked older than me. To be honest, you're much mature than how a 21 year old kid should be.", he smiled at me.

"Thanks!", I smiled back.

"Erm, about the kiss, I think you should save it for someone special. I'm not that someone special. I'm just a bad boy who you would regret getting your first kiss from.", he sounded quite soft.

Maybe Hannah's right.

"But I'm still getting a kiss! On the cheek at least!", the smirk reappeared.

Maybe not!

"No way you're getting a kiss mister!", I began to walk away.

Wait! That isn't right! I'm a lady of my word!

I turned around and saw him looking at the sky again.

Maybe this is the right time.

I tiptoed towards and gave him a kiss on his cheek, quickly turning around and was about to run away when he held onto my wrist.

I predicted he was going to flirt with me but instead, he kissed onto my left cheek.

OMG!

A GUY JUST KISSED ME!

I felt my cheeks turning red.

"Thanks for proving to Hannah and mum that you're perfect!", he leaned towards my ear and whispered.

Should I look at him?

"Woah! You're blushing so badly! It's just a kiss on your cheek Jennifer!", as I heard my name, I felt chills running down my spine.

Why am I feeling like that?

"I think I should leave.", if I would continue to blush more, he would definitely mock me even more.

My first kiss on my cheek!