Chapter 1: Extraordinary Day?

It was another ordinary day. I got out of bed and walked to the kitchen to make my breakfast. After having a plain boring meal, I took a shower and wore a boring white shirt with a pair of pants and walked out of the house towards my shop.

It was about 500m away from my house. It usually takes me about 15 minutes to walk. I was walking peaceful to my shop, wondering how much will I be able to bring home today.

As soon as I reached my shop, I opened my shop and began to arrange everything to normal. My usual customer, Mr Bunis would come in around that time. He was an old man who lives alone.

"Hello Jennifer! How are you?", he asked me as he picked up the usual sunflowers in my shop to take them home.

"I'm fine Mr Bunis! How are you? Isn't it a lovely day?", I asked him trying to make him feel better.

I might have mentioned that I don't have friends but I feel that Mr Bunis is like my friend.

"Lonely as well right? It's not easy to leave alone Jennifer.", he said as he picked up a daisy.

"I understand how does it feel Mr Bunis. Is there anything else you would like Mr Bunis?", I asked him as I began to tie the bunch of fresh flowers together.

"That will be all for today Jennifer. See you tomorrow!", he waved at me as he stepped out of the shop.

********************************************

It was already 6pm and I was about to close the shop when a handsome smart man walked into the shop. Ha stopped in front of the counter and took out his business card.

I just kept looking at him in disbelieve. What did he think he was doing. Was he trying to offer me a job? Did I looked at desperate for a new job when I know that I'm not that educated?

"My name is Daniel Richards. I've heard a lot about your shop. My cousins have recommended you. So I want you to come. You're very lucky.", he told me.

"What are you saying mister! I don't understand what you want. I can't do anything else other than selling flowers.", I told him.

"Don't you see the news? Or read the newspapers? I'm Daniel Richards, one of the most famous billionaires you would have ever known.", he rolled his eyes.

What a show off!

"So what could I do about that?", I asked him.

"I thought it wouldn't be so difficult explaining to you but you're really unbelievable and naive.", he was getting frustrated with me.

"I'm really sorry but I seriously don't know you.", I told him apologetically.

"Whatever! I'm Daniel Richards, as I've told you. I'm getting married in two weeks time. I'm marrying one of the hottest models, Anna Franklin.", he told me.

"And why are you telling me Mr Richards?", I asked him.

"You're totally naive sweetheart. Charlie will love you.", he gave a light laugh.

Sweetheart? I don't even know him! And who the heck is Charlie!

"It's Jennifer for your information, Mr Richards.", I told him.

"Yeah whatever and you should stop calling me Mr Richards. I have such a sexy name. Anyways, since I'm getting married, I need you help to design my entire house and the area I'm suppose to get married at!", he told me, proudly!

"What! But that's totally not my job! I just sell flowers daily.", I voiced out. I needed to do that if not I would just create unnecessary problems.

"Ok now listen to me carefully you lady! I came all the way from France to offer you half a million of dollars just to get my entire wedding going smoothly! I can go to any other florist who is actually dying to be paid half a million of dollars just to attend my wedding and get my house and wedding beautifully done but Anna told me that you're the best person and I should be getting you to do for me this job! If not there wasn't any need for me to beg you.", he was pretty angry and was clenching his jaw in anger. 

Half a million of dollars! I wouldn't need to be all this after all! I could go to a university and finish up my studies and then get a degree and become what I always wanted.

But how did that Anna Franklin knew me? Why did she chose me out of everyone?

"What am I suppose to do?", I asked him.

"Just get my damn wedding function go smoothly since you have a great taste, according to Anna.", he sounded annoyed.

"Oh okay! I'll do that!", I quickly agreed to the deal before he took the offer from me.

"So I want you to be ready by tomorrow morning at about 10am. My driver and assistants would be coming to pick you up.", he instructed me. Out of the blue his facial expression changed to a smile.

"Adding on, please don't come in this sloppy clothing. Be decent.", he told me.

"I'm sorry but I don't have anything decent.", my face hung low as I told him.

"I knew that! That's why I've planned for you something. See that woman standing outside?", he pointed to a beautiful tall lady. "She would be bringing you for shopping now! Please make sure you buy at least 30 dresses and 30 footwear with about 30 bags. And make sure you would get your hair and face done as well.", he gave his best smile and began to walk out.

Suddenly he stopped in his tracks and turned towards me.

"I'm counting on you Jennifer. Please don't be late. I'll see you tomorrow in Paris. And yes that lady would be staying with you.", he pointed to same lady.

I just smiled to him and looked at the woman. Once Daniel walked out, that lady walked in.

"Good evening Miss Perkins. I'm Rosalie Walls and from today onwards I'll be your assistant.", she introduced herself to me.

Rosalie was much taller and prettier than me. She had rosy cheeks and blue eyes. She seem to perfect, according to me.

"Hi Rosalie! I'm Jennifer! Please don't call me Miss Perkins! So could we quickly go for our mission!", I asks her, sounding like a 5 year old kid excited to go into a toy store  to buy some cool toys.

"You sound really excited but I can't let you wear that and go!", she smiled and passed me a bag.

"Could you please change into this clothes. We need to look decent.", she giggled and I walked to the back of my shop and changed.

Once I had changed into the outfit, I looked at myself. I looked different. I was wearing a pink blouse that had pearls on its collar. It was beautiful. I was a matching pair of blue jeans and a pair of pink ballerina flats.

Once I came out and walked back to where Rosalie was. She looked at me from head to toe.

"Jennifer! You're naturally beautiful. You just need a touch up and people like Mr Cooper would be in love with you!", she began to praise me and I began to blush.

"Mr Cooper?", I questioned her.

" Charlie Cooper? Have you heard of him?", she asked me.

"Nope! Who is he?", I asked her again.

"He's much richer than Mr Richards and is a best friend of Mr Richards. He would be attending the wedding as well!", she quickly told me and began to pull me out of the shop.

"Let's go! Before we get late!".

"Hold on Rosalie! I need to keep everything back and shut my shop.", I explained to her and began to keep everything back. Within 10 minutes we were ready to go.

I guess today was not any ordinary day.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hello everyone! This is my third book on wattpad! Yippee!

I hope you'll love this chapter! This book is going to be very interesting!