Chapter 3: Meeting Charlie Cooper

I walked in the garden looking at the colourful flowers and long trees that had their roots deeply rooted to the ground.

Daisies.

Tulips.

White Roses.

Red Roses.

Sunflowers.

This is my speciality, not to getting someone married.

I love the smell of the flowers. They just remind of my shop. I love them a lot.

I picked up a red rose and smelled it.

"Do you know what does the red rose mean?", I heard a voice behind me. I quickly turned around to see it.

Before I could ask him who he was, he spoke.

"One of the most universal of all symbols, the red rose represents true love. It has also appeared throughout history and across cultures as both a political and religious symbol. Perfect for freaking out your first date, covering beer stains, wooing a hunky bishop. I'm sorry to say this but sweetheart, there isn't anyone near you except me.", he walked closer towards me and placed one of his hand behind my waist and pulled me close towards him.

My face was just a few inches away from him. I couldn't breathe.

"I'm sorry sir but could you please let go of me. I don't even know you and you're flirting openly with me?", I pushed him back and kept the red rose aside.

"So you want to go into one of the 50 rooms in the mansion and flirt with each other?", there was a smirk on his face.

"Shut up! Tell me who you are before I call the cops!", I felt disgusted by his behaviour.

"I've many names. Sexy lips, hottie, babe. But I know what you would call me. Charlie, Charlie Cooper is my name.", I've heard the name before. Where did I heard it?

"So Mr Charlie, tell me why are you here and why are you flirting with me?", I asked him.

"No darling! I can't answer that question of yours. You see, there's something called fairness. You asked me one question and now I'll ask you. So what is your name?", that guy sounded quite smart.

I was about to answer him when a well dressed man appeared and interrupted our conversation.

"Sorry for the interruption but Ms Franklin called the two of you.", as soon as he said that, he walked away.

"I think I'll not know your name yet, my babe. Maybe it might be a surprise.", there was a smirk on his face. He was walking closer towards me.

"Firstly, I'm not your babe! And secondly stop walking towards me.", I walked away from him.

This isn't cool.

Not cool at all!

Is Charlie the guy Daniel was talking about?

The guy who will like me?

Oh wait!

It's him!

But was he flirting with me?

He doesn't even know my name!

It's confusing.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even realise that I've reached inside the house.

"Hey, are you alright?", Anna asked me.

"Not really. Some idiot was flirting with me outside there. He's name is...", I was interrupted by Anna's squeal.

"Charlie!!! I thought you wouldn't even attend my wedding!", Anna walked towards him and gave him a big hug.

Could the situation go even worse?

Anna knows Charlie and they are hugging each other.

"Hey Jennifer! Come over and meet Daniel's only best friend and so called brother, Charlie Cooper!", I began to walk towards them in dismay.

He's Daniel's only best friend and so called brother. I'm doomed!

"There isn't need to introduce her to me Anna! I've already met her but mystery girl needs to introduce herself to me.", he winked at me as soon as I arrived near Anna.

"Oh, that's great! The two of you should bond with each other! Anyways, Charlie, this is my childhood best friend Jennifer Perkins!".

"Jennifer huh! So you're the girl that is a florist and didn't had enough money to complete her studies till university right?", he raised one of his eyebrow and had a smirk on his face.

I head immediately dropped low as soon as I heard it. He was embarrassing me.

"But I also know that your IQ is much better than an average person.", as soon as I heard those words, my face raised up.

He insulted and complimented me at the same time. That's just so confusing. Before he says anything else, I just need to walk away from here.

"I would like to take my leave, Anna. I'll see you later.", I didn't took a second look at Charlie.

"You hurt her feelings Chalrie! How could you...", I could hear Anna exclaiming at the top of her voice as I walked away from the scene.

I felt like crying and smiling at the same time. No one had ever insulted and praised me at the same time. He is the first person.

But why am I even affected from what he says. He's just a normal guy. So what if he said that to me?

I had already arrived to my room. I closed the door behind me and dropped flat onto my bed.

Maybe the IQ part was just to make me feel better after insulting me. I'm just a dumb stupid girl who just doesn't even understand anything.

That's how my life is now and it will forever remain!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••