Chapter 4: Good & Bad

The first event was about to start.

I had finally comforted and convinced myself to attend the "small" introduction party.

Anna was telling me that this party was just a party with her close friends and family. She wanted to spend some time with them.

I didn't feel like going but I was forced to go. I didn't wanted to meet Charlie at all. I hate him! However, I don't even know he well enough to hate him.

I just decided to attend the party. So what if one of Anna's friend is ill mannered. All of them can't be!

I quickly put on a gold jacquard prom dress and comb my hair. I then wore a pair of gold colour stiletto pumps and went down.

************************************

The party was more of a high class party. Everyone were wearing expensive dresses and heels. They had funny accents and all of their "party manners" were present.

This isn't called a party! This isn't how we celebrate a party with our friends and family! This is just any other ordinary party that requires us to be a bitch!

"Hey girlfriend! You finally made up your mind to attend the party!", Anna distracted me from my thoughts.

"Anna, is this how you'll celebrate your parties all the time?", I just asked her frankly.

"Yeah why?", she looked quite shock.

"Excuse us for me moment!", a lady just interrupted us.

"What is it? Can't you see I'm talking to her?", Anna asked her.

"She's just a servant! You can talk to her later! It's really important!", the lady pulled Anna's hand.

Those words left like a knife stabbing into me.

Anna didn't even rectify whatever she said!

Is this how it feels when a rich look down at us?

Anna isn't even the same girl I met her years ago!

I took a few steps behind and wanted to leave the party.

My last step was about to be taken when someone placed a cloth over my eyes and covered my mouth.

I wanted to scream but I couldn't.

That person began to pull me towards another direction. We were going vey fast. The force of the person pulling me allowed me to conclude that he is a guy!

Neither person was speaking nor he was letting me. I decided to do the most famous thing a toddler does.

Bite his finger.

His pinky was near my lips and this was the best opportunity!

I bite it as hard as I could!

He yelled at the top of his voice.

"What the hell was that for?", he asked me.

That voice sounded familiar.

"Who are you and where are you bringing me?", I asked him.

"Will you just shut up and follow me!", he sounded really serious.

I decided not to "play with fire" and continue to walk to the direction he was forcing me to go.

One step at a time, we finally came to a halt.

He let go off me and I immediately removed the blindfold.

OMG!

I couldn't believe what was in front of my eyes!

From red to violet!

A series of rainbow colour!

Flowers!

I then turned towards to the idiot who "kidnapped" me.

As expected, he was someone I knew.

Charlie Cooper!

The guy who made me cry.

I was about to leave the place when he held my wrist.

"Where are you going?", he questioned me.

"Why must you know?", I rolled my eyes.

"Look, I'm sorry okay! This isn't what I expected to tell you!", he sounded annoyed.

I immediately turned around.

"I that how you apologise to someone after committing a mistake?", I asked him, without making eye contact.

"I know whatever I said to you earlier must have hurt your feelings but I was seriously joking. I didn't know those words might hurt you. You look quite firm from the outside but you're actually quite soft on the inside.", those words got me emotional.

I walked away from him as soon as he let go of my wrist. I walked carefully towards the end of the balcony. The roses were beautiful but it doesn't make me happy.

"My parents died in a car accident when I was very young and my step parents were very cruel. I manage to escape with a friend of mine who was equally tortured like me. As we escaped, she was killed in an accident. I was adopted by this poor lady who manage to teach me till high school. And I became a florist.", a tear rolled down my cheek as I spoke those lines.

"I'm very sorry Jennifer. I'm genuinely sorry. ", I could hear those lines clearly, despite standing far away from him.

"It's alright. I forgive you. You're not the first guy who insulted me.", I turned around to look at facial expression.

He had his "puppy" face on and was looking at his feet.

"But you're the first guy who apologised to me.", his face lit up immediately.

"Oh Jennifer! I promise you something!", he walked towards me and took my hand.

"I promise you that I will provide you all the educational needs you need. And if you're thinking I'm giving you the money then you're wrong. You getting my money on a loan. You can pay it back once you start working in a good company.", those words touched my heart. 

"Thank you Charlie. You're seriously much better than the rest.", I could still remember whatever had happened downstairs in the party.

"Trust me, they aren't like that. Just give them some time and they will be back to normal. Anna's just shock all about it.", he smiled at me.

There was a long pause between us.

Till he spoke again.

"Don't you find the party a bit boring?", he asked.

"Yup but I can't do anything about it.", I explained to him.

"Don't worry about it! I can!", and there was a smirk on his face.