Chapter 2: Her Past

It was soon morning. I was so excited. Rosalie had stayed over at my house. She was going to help me get ready for the big day today!

I was sitting in front of my dresser and she was standing next to me. She was examining my looks.

"Jennifer I think we shouldn't get you too much makeup as Mr Richards would get a shock of his life. Ms Franklin even told me that you should just be simple as it suits you a lot.", Rosalie told me.

She began to you differ at types of brushes and combed on my hair. An hour later I was ready. I stood in front of the long mirror in my room and kept staring at myself.

I looked different.

A good different.

Rosalie had made me wear an organza floral fit and flare dress with a pair of matching colour pointed toe pumps that was about 3 inches long.

I was looking elegant.

With the outfit, she had matching accessories like a bracelet and earrings. She even made me use a branded bag.

"Last but not least, this new phone. Sir wanted you to look more decent so he made me bought you this new phone.", Rosalie passed me a beautiful phone.

I've never had a phone I my life. The only phone I knew was the office phone. I don't communicate with anyone that's why I didn't found it necessary to buy a phone.

"Rosalie I don't know how to use this phone.", I told her feeling ashamed.

"It's alright sweetheart. Once we go to Paris, Ms Franklin will teach you.", she told me, making me feel better.

We soon heard a car outside my house. We quickly walked out with my luggage bag.

"Is the private jet ready?", Rosalie asked the drivers.

"Yup it is Ms Walls.", he answered her.

Paris, here I come.

********************************************

"We're here Jennifer!", Rosalie woke me up from my deep sleep. We were in Daniel's private jet and we were about to reach over destination.

The plane soon landed and we got off. I was so excited! I've never left my own homeland ever since young!

"Let's go Jennifer!", Rosalie took my hand and I quickly took my handbag.

We quickly walked down the plane towards a couple. It was Daniel and a girl next to him. Was it his fiancée? Maybe.

"Welcome to Paris Jennifer.", Daniel shook my hand. He then examined me from head to toe.

"Wow! You look stunning.", he told me.

"Thanks.", I gave him a smile.

"By the way this is Anna, Anna Franklin, my would to be wife.", they both looked at each other and gave a light kiss on their lips.

"Hi Ms Franklin.", I gave her a smile and was about to shake my hands with her when she gave me a hug, to be more specific a tight hug.

"It's great to meet you Jennifer. Call me Anna. We're friends.", she then broke the hug and gave her best smiles to me.

Friends? I just met her a minute ago and she made me her friend?

"Enough of the hugs and kisses sweetheart! I think we should go back to our house and show Jennifer her room.", Daniel began to walk and Anna held my hand and pulled me along.

"I'm so excited Jennifer! I can't wait to have a gossiping session with you!", Anna was giggling.

Wow! Gossiping session! I don't even know this lady and she wants to chat with me? I think she's mad.

********************************************

An hour later we arrived to beautiful mansion that was about 4 stories high not including the rooftop.

"Welcome to your temporary house Jennifer.", she looked at me and gave me a tight side hug.

We walked into the house and into the lifts that brought us to the third story. We walked out and towards the fourth room from the lift.

"And this is your room. On this floor, Charlie and some of our friends will be staying on this floor. They would be here by evening. You would meet them all during dinner.", Daniel told them.

"Dear why don't you go first. I'll be back after a small chat with Jennifer.", Anna pushed Daniel away and closed the room door.

"What's wrong Jennifer?", she asked me, changing her joyful into into a serious one.

"What do you mean?", I asked her pretending that I didn't understand anything.

"Ever since we met you're ignoring me. Do you even know me?", that question triggered into me.

Did I know her? No I didn't! I need to tell her.

"Actually I don't know you. But you know me right?", I was making sure my tone was not rude and hurtful.

"When we were younger and were in the same orphanage, I was your best friend. My name was Anna Coralaz. Do you remember?", she asked me.

"Anna? That's you!", I exclaimed and ran over to hug her.

"Oh Jennifer! I missed you a lot. When you were adopted, I was adopted as well. But soon I found out that you ran away because does people were cruel. I told my new parents that could we adopt you and they said yes but you were no where to be found so we eventually gave up.", a tear rolled down my cheek as I heard those words from her mouth.

"Then one day I was walking past your shop when I saw you. I sent one of my man in to check what's your name and when I heard it was Jennifer Perkins, I was so glad that I found you!", she gave me another tight hug.

"Oh Anna! I didn't knew that you're the girl marrying Daniel.", I couldn't control the tears rolling down my cheeks.

" Jennifer! I wanted you to be with me for my wedding so that's why I called you here.", she let go of me and brought me towards my bed.

We sat down comfortably and began to chat.

"Where were you after you escaped from your lousy step parents.", she asked me.

"A nice woman called Samantha William Kender adopted me. She was not that rich but she managed to brought me up. She was very nice but she couldn't let me study till university due to the lack of money.", I told her.

"Then what made you come here to my marriage?", she asked me.

"Your scary would to be husband scared the death out of me. He even bribed me.", I rolled my eyes remembering the scene.

"He's just like that. When I was in my college days he would bribe me just to date me. Now we're finally getting married!", she told me.

"Aren't you too young to marry Anna?", I asked her.

Wasn't marrying at 21 too early?

"I'm already 26 sweetheart. Isn't it time to marry at this age?", she giggled as she told me.

"I totally forgot that you're 26 years old. I thought you're the same age as me.", I told her, with a nervous laugh.

"Oh silly! I'm 5 years older. I would meet you later during dinner. Our house is very big so you could go around and check it out.", she said as she walked out of the room.

She's 26 and she doesn't look like one. I'm 21 and I look like I'm 38!

Come on Jennifer! She's a model so she'll look young. You're a florist so you'll look old.

It's kind of awkward to meet your best friend after about 12 years. Actually more than 12 years.

Totally awkward!

I needed to divert my mind so I need to leave this room. Maybe a short walk would be great!