Chapter 30//Say Yes (Final)

<Play music as you read (recommended)>

~•Aphmau's POV•~

"Whoa! You two are going too fast! What's going on?"

Neither of them answered. They just continued giggling at each other. As soon as we got to the plaza, we stopped, Levin and Malachi pushed me to the center of the plaza and ran off and hid. I would've ran after them, but I wanted to see exactly what they were planning. In the plaza, all the fairylights were off and no one was there. I was beginning to think this was some kind of prank. Why wouldn't Levin and Malachi be laughing? Let's just see where this leads.

A long five seconds later, a figure of a man approached me; it was Laurance. He was in a tuxedo, he looked...cute in it. He looked a little nervous with a tint of excitement in his expression. What was going on? And why are we dressed all nice? And the fancy breakfast? What is all this leading up to?

"Laurance? What...is going on. Levin and Malachi treated me with breakfast and told me to get into my best clothing. And...you're in a tuxedo. What's happening? Is it someone's birthday or something?" I asked. Laurance smiled at me.

"Aphmau, it will all make since to you in due time. I just...wanted to tell you a few things." He took a deep breath and continued, "Aph, ever since I met you, I've always enjoyed being by your side. When I'm with you, I feel...happy. And I'll know that everything will be okay. When I'm with you, it feels like anything is possible. Aphmau, I...love you. Very much. I would give my life away for you. I will sacrifice myself anytime for you. I'm glad that I can be your 'friend' forever. But...do you...love me as much as I love you?"

"Heh, Laurance," I smiled at him. "You know I love you. More than you know. So, yes."

"I'm glad you feel that way. But...there's one final question I wish to ask you..."

"Hm? What could that possibly—"

I was cut off from shock. I watched as Laurance got down on one knee and pulled out a small black box. He opened the box towards me to I could see. It was...a beautiful ring. The diamond was purple, my favorite color. Laurance looked nervous as ever but was smiling up at me.

"Aphmau...will you...m-make me the happiest man in Ru'uan and marry me?" I felt my heart leaping out of my chest. I felt as if I was burning inside. I thought I would faint; I thought I would die!

I noticed the people of Phoenix Drop gather round keeping distance from the two of us to watch. Some were quietly squealing, for example: Kawaii~Chan. They were all silent, waiting for me to answer. I looked back down at Laurance and tears streamed down my face. I got down on my knees and kissed him. I broke away from the kiss with my cheeks on fire. But then I said that one word that would change my life forever.

"Yes!"

Now I could Stay By His Side forever

~•End of Book One•~

~•~•~•~
YAS! I HAVE DONE IT! WOOHOO!! YAY! Book one complete! So, I hope you all enjoyed book one! I'm gonna put book two on hold for a SHORT TIME! I just need to gather my thoughts and see exactly what i want to do with book two. I DO know what I'm doing but, ya know. I need to see exactly what I'm planning for it. Thank you all for coming this far and I hope you enjoyed book one! Love you! 💜
~Kitty
~•~•~•~