Chapter 16: Afraid

~~~
hope you enjoy! ~Kitty
~~~

---Aphmau's POV---

I walked upstairs and placed Levin down in his crib and he fell asleep. I sighed.

"This is insane... I-I don't know what to do!" I said to myself.

So... did Sasha really lie to me? I felt heartbroken. And I was happy about seeing Zane? I don't know who to believe anymore. Maybe this is just one big joke. Or maybe it's all a dream! If it is, then I hope to wake up soon. I walked into my room and went to sleep. I hoped then when I did, I would wake up to whatever my real life was.

But then I opened my eyes again. And I'm in a different world! But this world is different. It's a forest! And all the trees are covered in ice. It looked like it was winter. And it was very beautiful! Maybe this was my real life. I walked into the forest.

It's quiet.

I'm afraid. What do I do here? Maybe I need to wait for something to happen. Wait... I don't remember what this place is. So... did I really lose my memories? I guess I did. I found a log by a frozen waterfall. But it seems familiar. Have I been here before? No... probably not. Have I?

I sighed. Then I sang to myself a song that reminded me of something.

Like I'm Gonna Lose You: (At Top)

I found myself dreamin'
In silver and gold
Like a scene from a movie
That every broken heart knows

We were walking on moonlight
And you pulled me close
Split second and you disappeared
and then I was alone

I woke up in tears
With you by my side
A breath of relief
And I realize
No, we're not promised tomorrow.

So I'm gonna love you
Like I'm gonna lose you
I'm gonna hold you
Like i'm saying goodbye

Wherever we're standing
I wont take you for granted
'cause we'll never know when
When we'll run out of time

So i'm gonna love you
Like i'm gonna lose you
I'm gonna love you
Like i'm gonna lose you

I don't know how I know those lyrics. I just... know them. And I feel like in the past I loved someone very much. Now because of my memory loss I....I don't know.

"Ah, Aphmau. It's been some time, hasn't it?" Said I voice. I whipped my head around. I saw a man with black hair and light blue eyes.

"W-Who are you?" I asked him.

"Hm, so you don't remember. I am Zane." He said. I gasped.

"S-So you're Zane... D-Did you erase my memories?" I asked. "If so, why?"

"Yes, me and Sasha did mess with your memories. And we did that because... Because it was my revenge for you." Said Zane. A confused look came across my face.

"R-Revenge? What did I do?" I asked.

"Your memories will return in time. Actually, you'll have to find out how. In the mean time, I—" He began. I cut him off.

"I hate you! Your a horrible person! Why would you take away my memories!? Please give them back!" I said.

"Hm, I'm afraid not. Now, good morning!"

After that, I was awake.