Betrayal

LaNiyah

The whole ride to the airport was quiet as I watched people walk the streets in the night. We were all going on a family vacation for our Spring break and Mari backed out last night. I was pissed because it was his idea that we all take a trip together and now he wanted to back out, so I really haven't been talking to him but he insisted on bringing me to the airport to meet the girls. Everyone else had flown out the other day.

"Alright babe, we're here" he said parking the car and staring at me.

I just unbuckled myself and as I grabbed my bag opening the door I could hear him sigh.

He got my luggage out the trunk and walked over to me.

"How long you gon be mad at me baby. I said I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do I have to stay here with my mother."

He claimed that his mother was sick and since his brother and sister don't live in Boston he couldn't leave her by herself.

"We'll see how I feel when I come back."

He rubbed his hand down his face and just stood there.

"Look it's late, I'm tired and I've got to go before I miss my flight. I'll see you when I get back."

"Alright, I'll see you when you get back. Call me when you touch down" he grabbed my face kissing my lips then my forehead.

"Bye" I grabbed my suitcase and walked into the airport as the sliding doors opened.

I pulled out my phone as I watched Mari pull off and called my father.

"Hey, he just pulled off"

"Alright stay there for about 30 minutes then head out and Butch will be there to pick you up."

"Alight, bye"

I walked further in the airport and spotted the girls and Bianca, Cruz's pregnant girlfriend. She's 3 months and sketchy as hell. I don't think that's his baby but that ain't none if my business.

"Hey Pooh"

"Hey boo"

We all greeted each other as I rubbed Avery's belly. I still can't believe she's pregnant, she's also 3 months she is due in August.
One day while I was at home she was there talking with my mother, crying. My mother told me that I needed to talk to her cause she needed me. I stubbornly agreed to talk to her and that's when she told me she was pregnant. She told me that she was scared and that she really wanted us to hash shit out cause she wanted me in the baby's life. After a few hours of talking and crying, mostly crying, we were good. We aren't the same but we we're working on it. I was willing to work it out for the sake of my niece or nephew, but also cause we've been friends way too long without trying to solve our issues.

"I'm mad that you're not coming with us" Avery frowned.

"I know but I have to do this. I got to end this shit. And you two need to be as far away from this as possible" I said pointing to her stomach "Cause if something was to happen to you or my munchkin you know Cam would have a damn fit and so would I."

"Yeah I know. I told him the same thing, so make sure you and your brother make it to us in one piece please."

"Always. Alright hugs and kisses so I can get out of here" We hugged and they walked toward their gate and I put my shades on and took a seat putting my headphones in.

I waited 45 minutes and just like my father said Butch was waiting outside for me.

"Hey Lil Lance" I smiled as he took my suitcase as I got in the truck. My father's friends have been calling my Lil Lance since I was a little girl. I was a Daddy's Girl (still am) and acted just like him.