Chapter 1 - Fateful Encounter

"A, can you please take table two for me? I really really need to pee right now or my bladder's gonna burst." Kylie hissed though her teeth, while jumping with her weight on one leg, clearly overwhelmed by her bodily functions. Her impulsive and sometimes downright crude behaviour made her a very.. interesting person to be around.

"Sure, you go do your thing" Alice said with a giggle and made a dart for table two, to take the customers' orders, as Kylie was practically racing to the restroom door.

Kylie had been working at the café for about five years and had goten the job at the age of 20. She was now 25.

When Alice had first come searching for employment three years ago -at the age of 20 as well-they got along pretty well, considering they had a mere two-year age gap but completely different personalities. Alice was kind, sensible and diligent. Kylie, on the other hand, was loud, impulsive and often resembled a lunatic when provoked.

Alice scribled everything down and she went straight to the bar to pass it to Michael, the bartender. It took a couple of minutes for him to prepare the orders and once he did, Alice placed them on a tray with a couple of other drinks he had already prepared for another table. She lifted the metallic tray off the countertop and started striding to the customers.

She had almost reached table two, when she lost her balance, tripping over a chair, and fell forward. The tray slipped out of her grasp as she came down on all fours, The glasses, the cups and the metallic oval piece landing next to her. She sighed, annoyed at her clumsiness but thankful that she didn't get hurt from all the glass shards. But when she lifted her gaze, she seriously contemplated whether it would have been better if she had hit her head hard enough to pass out and save her from the embarrassment altogether.

Before her stood the most handsome person she had ever laid eyes on, quite obviously trying to murder her with his glare.

He seemed to be in his mid 30s and had dark, chiseled features. His eyes were almost black and had her frozen in place. His nose was strong and completely straight, the shape she imagined would be fitting of any Greek God, and his cheekbones and jawline looked sculpted to perfection. The immaculate bone structure of his face was even more defined by the 9 o'clock shadow he was sporting.

He was in formal attire. A black two-piece, a white dress shirt and black dress shoes. No tie, the jacket unbuttoned. His shirt had a massive brown stain of what seemed to be coffee on it and the fabric now clinged to his chest.

"Oh my L-.. Sir, I-I am incredibly sorry!" She stuttered, her eyes still on him. His lips were pressed together in a strict straight line. She was certain she would be able to see smoke coming out of his ears if she focused hard enough.

They just stared at each other, his eyes glared into hers as she apologetically looked at him.

She then remembered her stance and a scarlet color crept its way up to her neck and cheeks.

Meeting someone on all fours cerntainly wasn't on top of her to do list.

She bowed her head and silently rushed to her feet. She bent down again to pick up the empty tray. The floor was a mess that she would undoubtedly have to mop at the end of her shift.

"I am s-so icredibly sorry f-for this, sir. I didn't mean to-" she stammered in an anxious frenzy, as she pulled the clean towel she always kept in the pocket of her apron, and began to clean his chest. She had patted his chest with it three times, when his hand grabbed her wrist and pushing her arm away.

"Would you be so kind as to shut it, doll?" he all but growled at her.

Alice flinched and gaped at him, like a deer caught in headlights. His irritation was understandable, but his tone was uncalled for.

Just who does this man think he is?

She felt like bursting into frustrated tears and screaming at him at the same time, but opted against both. She pursed her lips and remained silent.

"Cazzo!" he growled through gritted teeth.

She did her best to reluctantly offer him an apologetic smile, oblivious to the fact that it riled him up further.

"I want to see your supervisor." he demanded, his tone sharper this time, making her furrow her eyebrows. The smile left her lips and she frowned before speaking.

"The manager is in his office. I can show you the way." she said, annoyed at the stranger, andanxious about his sudden need to speak to her boss

"No need. I'm sure I can find it myself." He snarled, turned his back at her and started walking further into the café.

________________________________

So, first chapter. It's been years but I thought I should reupload and try to do something with the story.
Love
xx
E.