Chapter 9 - Bite

She jumped, startled, and looked over her shoulder, noticing how close he was, his cologne infiltrating her senses.

"Mr Romano" she acknowledged and took a step further, trying to put some distance between them.

He hadn't been playing nice earlier, and she wanted to make sure he understood there were boundaries.

"I don't know what you called me, but I know it wasn't my name. So, if you could please refrain from getting too comfortable around me, that'd be great, thank you." She kept her voice emotionless, attempting to show authority.

He frowned and exhaled through his nose.

Angelo took a step forward and put an arm around her waist, pulling her to his chest, from the small of her back in a flash.

"Feisty, aren't we, gattina?" He said looking down to her face.
(Kitten)

With eyes as wide as saucers, she gasped once before glaring, pushing and clawing at his chest and trying to pull away.

Angelo held her tightly in place and placed his other hand at the nape of her neck, grabbing and forcing her head his way.

"Smettila di muoverti, cazzo!" He grunted and she stopped for a second.
(Stop moving, goddamn it!)

She glared, but eventually decided to close the bit of distance to his face.

He started to smirk cockily, readying himself to kiss her.

And she bit his cheek. Hard.

He growled angrily and flinched before tightening his grip.

"I said stop it! I want to talk to you." He growled furious.

Alice paused all movements and curiously peeped at him.

"You can do that without touching." She suggested calmly and tried back again. This time he let her go and tsked, annoyed.

"What's the fun in that?" He deadpanned.

"What did you want to talk about?" She tried to focus on the matter at hand. It was proving to be hard, between checking him out and his watching her hungrily.

"Go on a date with me." He offered.

Angelo could read that she wasn't the type to one-night-stand, but he was willing to try harder just for this one. He desperately wanted  to have her. He needed a taste.

Alice seemed flabbergasted, eyes wide and brows raised, before her features settled back in place.

"No." She replied and turned to walk out the room. She had to keep her distance from him. Angelo Romano was seriously messing with her head and if he insisted, she was unsure whether she would be able to refuse again.

His hands wrapped around her wrists and pulled her back hard, crashing her against his chest.

His fingers caressed the skin, his breath in her ear, making her puff.

"Perché sei così difficile? Hm, topolina? Perché non puoi innamorarti di me? Lika tutte le altre stronze fanno"
(Why are you being so difficult? Hm, little mouse? Why can't you just fall for me? Like all the other bitches do.)

"Voglio stare tra le tue gambe." He breathed out. "Devo toglierti dalla mia testa."
(I want between your legs. I need to get you out of my head.)

The accent and the rasp in his voice made the hair in the back of her neck stand. She didn't get a word but she didn't feel like it mattered at this time. Not when the pads of his fingers still dancing around her wrists.

Her breaths eventually turned into soft pants. She hadn't been this close to any guy, other than Marco of course, in months. Her whole system was going crazy.

Why was it so difficult to speak all of a sudden? She felt robbed of her voice as his hands slowly caressed circles higher and higher, reaching her upper arms.

He grazed his fingertips even higher, past her shoulders and down her upper back.

Frozen in place, Alice shivered. She knew she shouldn't let him speak to her, let alone touch her. But his touch felt like a drug. It was wrong but in this moment it felt so incredibly good that she didn't want him to step away.

She mustered the courage to take a step and then another, then turned to face him. She glanced at him, then the floor, then him again. She had to put her thoughts in order. This wasn't okay. She needed to stop. Enough of him.

She walked to the door, hurriedly, and once her hand reached the doorknob, she was stopped by his voice.

"If you don't agree to the date, bambola, I promise I'll come to yours and carry you myself."

Alice looked over her shoulder to see him smirk. Arrogant, troublesome stud.

She breathed in deeply and decided to ignore him, opening the door and getting straight back to work.