"No! bad Lilly," I say sternly and scold her like a dog she pouts but we both end up laughing. "Night!" I say with a grin and she waves before driving off. I walk the short distance to our house and groan at the thought of climbing up the tree. I suppose I could go through the back except I locked my door so I wouldn't be able to get in my room. I'm silently glad Jake isn't hear, because I refrain from not trying to show anything as I climb up the tree. Good think there aren't any nightly walkers around here either.

I stumble into my room with exhaustion and close my window behind me, before going to unlock my bedroom door. I just manage to put on some sweat pants and a t-shirt before collapsing in bed and falling asleep.

I'm in the same bathroom again. My heart is still pounding loudly and without my control I stand up and leave the safety of the room. The hallways are empty and lights flicker like those in scary movies. As I turn a corner a scream leaves my lips. Where my old friends would lie dead in my usual dream, this time it was my new friends. I stumble slightly but slip on some blood.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry," I hear a faint whisper repeat over and over. They sound heartbroken. I turn my head and see Jake staring at me, looking horrified. His blue eyes are wide and in his hands is a shiny black gun.

"Jake-" I start softly and start standing up slowly. I hold out my hand, and his whole body is shaking.

"He made me Maggie. I'm turning into him. Oh god, oh god, oh my god." Jake says.

"Who?" I persist and take a step closer towards him, when suddenly his gorgeous blue eyes turn wide and glossy and he falls to the ground. "NO!" I yell loudly and drop down next to him before looking up.

"Me," It's Jake's dad, and he has a look of malice written on his face. He disappears before I can start cursing him out and I turn my attention to Jake. Tears run down my face.

"You are alone, and you always will be." A voice echoes around me and I have no idea if it just was my internal monologue or not.

I wake up with a loud gasp, my hair sticking to my forehead with sweat. I touch my cheek gently and find I was crying in my sleep. My hands are shaking badly, and I'm thankful I didn't actually call out or scream while I slept. I don't want to answer any questions my brother might throw at me. I dress quickly and by the looks outside I need to dress warmer today. Thankfully my mom had bought me a bunch of warmer clothes, already expecting the cold whether. I decide to wear a long sleeved shirt with a sweater over top.

I go downstairs, and like usual my parents have already left for work. Nick is sitting at the island eating some cereal. I pour myself some orange juice and mumble a good morning.

"Can you let me know when you sneak out from now on?" My brother interrupts me while I drink my juice. In shock I spit it all out and it lands right on his face.

"What?" I ask sternly. Nick looks horrified at the orange mess dripping down his face.

"Ew! Maggie, gross!" He groans and I throw him the dishtowel which he uses to wipe off his face. "I'm not stupid, I know when you sneak out at night," He points a finger at my shocked expression. "Hey, I was a teenager too so I know how you feel. I wont tell mom or dad, but I'd just like to know where you are so I don't worry at trying to open a locked door," My face reddens at being caught and I smile sheepishly.

"Sorry, I'll let you know form now on," I grin. He really is the best brother ever. At the thought of sneaking out I am reminded of how Jake ditched me and my mood turns sour. And thinking about Jake reminds me I need to get to school. I shout my goodbyes to Nick and run out the door so I won't be late.