Chapter 22

A/N

Should I make a sequel to the book?? I don't know if I should or not.

Word count~ 3,748

Alex's POV

I cant believe that Chase was seriously showing people a picture of me. I hate him so much. I'm on my way home after school, when I heard my phone ring. I stopped at a light and answered the phone, thinking it was Chase.

Chase if you're calling me trying to threaten me back into our deal it's not going to work. I don't care anymore.

"Uh, it's not Chase, it's Jack..."

I felt my face heat up and feel the butterflies in my stomach

Oh. uh, I-I, uhm. Hi. I mentally face palmed at my inability to form complete sentences around Jack. He chuckles

 Hi, uh, I was wondering if you wanted to come over and uh, hang out? I mean we haven't spoken in months, and I would love to be your friend again.

I smiled and then my heart broke. Of course he wouldn't want to date me again. Who would ever want to date a guy who voluntarily signed up to be raped to keep someone safe.

Uh, I-I don't know

"Alex, please? I-it's been awhile. I wanna catch up."

O-Okay, uh, w-what time do you want me to come over?

"How's 5?"

Y-yeah that'll work see you then. Bye

"Okay, bye lex"

I felt the butterflies in my stomach, No one has called me Lex in months. I have a big toothy smile plastered on my face. The biggest smile I have had in a long time.

I'm on my way over to Jack's and I am freaking out on the inside. Before I left I asked Emily multiple questions. 

"Does my breath stink? Is my hair okay? Does my shirt make me look fat? Do I have any stains on my jeans? Do I need to change again? Should I shave? Should I even go?"  She sighed. 

"No, yes, no, no, no, no, eh maybe, and YES! You've moped over him for months. This is the best you've looked in a while, go have fun.  And stop worrying." I sigh. 

"Okay, alright. Bye."

I pull up to Jack's house, I get out of the car physically shaking, afraid of what's going to happen. I knock on the door lightly, I wait about 3 seconds before the door is yanked open by May. She looks up and me and looks back down, and then she looked at me again and pulled me into a bone crushing hug. 

"Alex! How have you been? It's been too long!" She shouts in my ear. 

"I-I've been fine," I say shakily. She lets go of me and and looks over me. Frowning. That made me even more insecure so I wrap my arms around my torso. 

"Alex, you've lost a lot of weight, are you okay?" My eyes go wide at her comment. 

"Y-yeah, I-Im fine. C-can I come in? I-I'm supposed to be hanging out with Jack." I stutter out. She frowns but nods. She opens the door for me to walk in. 

"Jack, Alex is here!" She shouts upstairs. She leans in real quick. 

"You can talk to me, I promise, no one will find out you told me anything. I don't even go to your school. I'm here for you Alex." She whispered to me and kissed my cheek. I know it was just was simple gesture it still made me feel really uneasy. I nod at her while Jack bounded down the stairs. When he gets to the bottom he smiles at May and then towards me.