Chapter 4

A/N
Small trigger warning, Language and abuse.

Word count ~ 1,119

Jack's POV

I had gotten up an hour early this morning to try to make myself look decent so I could talk to Alex today. The first thing I did was pick out a Foo Fighters shirt, and Black skinny jeans. I straightened my hair and sprayed it in to place. I grabbed my shoes and bag, and yelled at May to hurry up. 

  "May come on! I want to get to school early today please!" I shout as I run down the stairs.

"I'm coming, slow your roll, lets go".

The ride to school was boring, I sat there anxious, thinking about what I'm going to say to Alex to keep him from walking out. 

  As I walk into the school I search for my locker to put some of my books away when Chase walks out of the guys restroom looking pissed, I feel bad for the kid who pissed him off.

I go in there to make sure I still look okay before I go search for Alex, when I walk in I hear whimpering. I wonder if the kid is okay. 

"Hey, a-are you okay?" I ask quietly. 

  "Uh, yeah, I'm, I'm okay" Alex. That's Alex, 

 "Alex, let me in." I plead

"No Jack I'm fine, just leave me alone"

 "Alex open the door or I'll crawl over." I bargain. I hear him sigh before responding.

"Okay. Fine, give me a second."

Alex's POV

  I woke up late this morning. I had absolutely no motivation to go to school today so I quiet literally rolled out of bed and hit the floor. I walked into my bathroom to assess the damage done to my face. I have a black and blue cheek and a busted lip. Just fucking wonderful.

  I brush my teeth and brush my hair and throw on a pair of Gray skinny jeans and a black Pantera sweatshirt. I don't feel like eating so I grab my keys and walk out of the house.

   As I pull up to the school I pull my hood over my head and try to disappear. I get to my locker and grab my books quickly and run off to the bathroom.

 I walk in and take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. I take a couple deep breath's and I can physically feel my heart beat slow down. I'm straightening myself out when the bathroom door swings open, letting Chase and Jacob walk in to the bathroom. Chase has a smirk on his face that makes my blood run cold.

 "Look what we have here, Gaskarth thinking he could hide from us." Chase said as he circled me.

 "No that's not what I'm doing please j-just let me go. I won't tell anyone"  I stutter out. I'm on the verge of tears already. I just want to be left alone, why don't they understand that? I've never down anything to them.

 "Answer me!" Chase bellows as he walks towards me until my back is presses against the wall. Moments later his fist connects to my face. I clutch my face and fall to the ground and attempt to crawl away. Chase grabs me by my hair and slams my face into the tile floor.

 "Have you had enough yet?" He mocks as he kicks me in my rib cage, knocking the breath out of me. 

 "Chase, let's go before someone else comes in here, I don't want to get suspended because of this stupid faggot." Jacob spit.

  "Yeah okay. You know what? You should just kill yourself. No one would miss you." Chase said before kicking me in the stomach and walking out. I stay still for a moment, trying to control the pain throbbing throughout my body. 

I work up enough courage before crawling over to an open stall. I lock the door and slump against the wall. Allowing myself to cry, and let sobs rack my body. Everything hurts. It hurts to breathe. I hear the bathroom door open, making me cover my mouth with my hand in attempt to be quiet.

 "Hey, a-are you okay?" Jack asks. Of course Jack decided to come in here. This is exactly what I need right now. I take a deep breath before responding. 

"Uh, yeah, I'm, I'm okay." I mutter in an attempt in keeping my identity a secret. 

"Alex, let me in." My eyes blow wide and shake my head.

 "No Jack. I'm fine, just leave me alone." I say coldly, hoping he get's the memo and leaves, but of course that's never what ends up happening. 

"Alex open the door or I'll crawl over." I groan.  

"Okay, fine give me a second." I say as I take a deep breath before standing up. Pain courses through my body, making tears burn my eyes. I hobble to the stall door, pulling my hood over my head. I unlock the stall before walking out with my head down. I keep my gaze trained on the ground as I try to avoid his gaze.

"Alex look at me." He pleads. I shake my head lightly. "No, you'll hit me too." I mutter.

 "Alex I won't hit you, please just look at me" He pleads, sounding desperate. I look up slowly, he gasps when he see's me. I close my eyes tight when I feel them burn with unshed tears. 

Jack's POV

  He looks so beaten and vulnerable. I take a step towards him making him flinch. 

"No p-please don't get close to me." He mumbles, keeping his eyes closed.  I stop walking but I reach out and grab his chin to assess the damage.

 "W-what happened?"

 "Chase happened."  He said quietly. I can't believe someone would want to hurt him, he's like a little puppy. 

 "Alex, I-I promise I won't hurt you, just come here. Please let me see. D-did he hit you anywhere else? " I ask quietly. He stills for a moment before shaking his head.

 "No. I'm-I'm fine. Just please just let me go Jack." Hu mumble before he tries to run past me, causing me to grab his wrist. He yelps in pain and yanks it out of my grasp.

"Did he hurt your wrist? " Alex look's mortified. 

"Yeah, he uh, he kicked it. I've got to go. I'll see you around, bye."  He said before running out of the bathroom.  I don't really understand why he yelped like that when I grabbed his wrist. Maybe it was just sprained? I sigh and shake my head.

I want to figure him out. I want to be his friend and I'm not going to stop until he lets me in.