Chapter 8

Word count~  1,834

Alex's POV

I left Jack's about 2 hours after I got there. When I got home, I went straight up to my room and thought about everything that had happened.

Flashback

Jack pulled away because he needed to catch his breath. He cleared his throat as if he was going to say something, but I didn't want to talk. I wanted to kiss him again so that is exactly what I did. We ended up having an intense make out session, but it ended up being interrupted. 

"Jack, I've been yelling for you for like 10 minutes now, what the hell- oh my. I-I'm sorry, I'll come back later" Jack's sister May said as she quickly pushed herself out the door. I have never jumped so far backwards than when I heard that door open.

 I'm sitting at the end of Jack's bed, things extremely uncomfortable. I don't know what happened but all of my confidence just flew out the window. After about 3 minutes of very awkward silence, Jack speaks up. 

"So, d-do you wanna play video games?" he asked quietly, I just nod my head, extremely embarrassed from what had happened. We played for about and hour and half when I decided that I should get home. I tell Jack bye, but he stopped me from walking out of his room. 

"Lex, wait." He said while grabbing on to my arm. 

"Yeah?" He scratched his neck awkwardly while looking at the ground. 

"Can we keep what happened between you and me, please?" I felt something inside of me deflate, but it's not my place to say anything so I just nod.  

"Yeah- yeah that's fine, I get it. But I-I've got to go, I'll see you tomorrow." I said quickly but before I could walk out, Jack grabs me by my hips and places one last kiss to my lips. 

"Bye Lex," 

Flashback over

I keep playing the kiss over and  over in my mind. I'm really happy we finally kissed, but I don't know if I should be. I know Jack doesn't want to come out to the school, and I respect that, I do. It's just, what if we end up becoming something more than friends? I don't want to have to keep our relationship in the closet. I'm over thinking all of this. I'll just have to talk to Jack at school on Monday.

Jack's POV  

I know I shouldn't be avoiding Alex after what happened Friday. I mean, after all, I did kiss him first. I've ignored all of his texts this weekend and I have somehow managed to avoid him this morning. But we have our next class together so I cant avoid him for much longer. 

When I got to second period I saw Alex in the far back corner with his head down. When the bell rang he sat up. He looked terrible. His hair is all disheveled, he has a black eye, a busted lip, and bags under his eyes. He looks so pale. I hope he's alright.

All throughout class his friends tried talking to him but he wouldn't really respond, he'd shrug his shoulders or hum something. This isn't typical for Alex, especially for the way he acted Friday. He was confident, now he won't look anyone in the eye. I'll have to catch up with him before his next class if I want to find out what happened.

The bell finally rings and I tell Chase I'll meet up with him next class, that I have to talk to the teacher. Alex was the last one out of the classroom. Before he could tell me no, I grabbed his arm and pulled him into the guys restroom, and locked the door. When I turned back around I saw Alex on the floor with his knees pulled up to his chest repeating,