pt 7

Third person pov

"Burn the place"

(Connie) "But Levi...it's a cool church....and the call girls"

"Ok, ok, let me say it again: burn the place! These are the orders!"

"Levi...please, let's talk a little about this..." Mikasa was trying to convince him.

"But...why? Is there something that really needs to disappear here? Y'know
I  can tell your men to destroy it or-"

"No, no, no...it's just, tsk, how should I say it? This place is filthy. No one here deserves this! I don't know if you realised, but 90% of these people, boys and girls are orphans, they were fooled to come here! And I am sick of this "business". So let the prostitutes go and I will come with Mikasa." Levi said, closing the phone

"LEVI YOU CAN NOT DO THIS TO ME!" Mikasa screamed desperately.

"Watch me" Levi said and pulled out a gun, pointing it at Mikasa "Now here" Levi throws a pair of handcuffs at her "you be good and put them yourself"

Mikasa puts her handcuffs. "...why?" She whispered.

"Cause you deserve it. All this time I didn't really mind. You just paid the "rent" and I didn't care. But this was the last drop! I mean, you really deserve this. and I ain't gonna do anything! I'm just gonna hand you to the police. They know what to do"

"Levi...can I have a last whish?" Said Mikasa with a trembling voice.

"If you ask me to let you another month... no"

"I-I just want you to...look after this boy" she pointed at Eren. "He is new and....he will probably die of cold or hunger"

Levi looked at Eren with the corner of his eyes. "Yeah Whatever"

Levi put his jacket on the half-undressed Eren and pushed Mikasa outside her office.

When they got out there was chaos:
All the call girls were running and screaming, half dressed men were pushing each other and falling on the hot filthy floor. The chandeliers were barely hanging and the ceiling was burning (A/N: want more graphic illustrations? Search Colectiv Bucharest, it's a desaster that happened in our country :) )

"Shit, there's so much smoke, CONNIE?"

"IMMA HERE!" Connie cscreams and waves to get Levi's attention. Levi, Mikasa and Eren manage to get outside with Connie and Sasha.

Eren stood in front of the burning building for some moments, he was thinking: "what am I going to go now? Will they kill and sell me? Will they keep me in a cell and use me for their pleasures? Where is Armin, Krista, Petra? Why.....why is my life, everything falling apart like that" little wet drops were ruining his pale beautiful face. Levi saw him and looked to the ground, understanding how he was feeling, but he couldn't do anything, so just went to the car.

"Now, what do we do?" Levi said getting in the car with Connie, Sasha and Eren.

"Dunno...not our problem" said Sasha, opening a pack of gum.

"Oi, Levi, what's with the kid?" Said Connie while he was starting the car

"Hm...Mikasa asked me to take care of him" Levi turns to see the trembling Eren "what's your name kid?"

"E-e-e-eren...sir" Levi gets closer to Eren to hug him and make him feel warmer "stop trembling for fuck's sake" Levi whispered while he was putting his chin on Eren's head.

"I promise you won't die, as long as you are with us" Levi's words echoing in Eren's years, the smiles of those three, the warmth he felt... Everything was new, it was like he was starting a new life, with another family, like he had never felt this before....

He forgot about his parents, about his friend, about Mikasa or the brothel. and for the first time in a long time,  

He felt happy...