pt 1

Levi pov

Even tough I'm a yakuza, I got a chill life. So, because I finished killing some bugs, I can enjoy a coffee and a smoke in the park.

I go to Starbucks and buy my favourite: caramel frappe. Some children were enjoying the view from outside, they looked scared, so I smiled and waved. There were two boys, one of them looked at me and smiled back. He was as bright as the sun, tall and pale, such a pure and innocent figure, too naïve to recognize my nature. Yet...kind and polite enough to smile to a stranger. The other one dragged him and so they left. I take my coffee and drink it at the bar while I admire the early spring nature.

Everywhere is light, even tough the sky is as dark as the ocean. I get out of the shop and admire the immense dark blue sky. I go to buy some cigs from a shops that brings them from Europe, so I take Chesterfield.

I light one and the smoke hypnotizes me, drowning me gradually in the numbness of pleasure but regret at the same time. I finish the first, take the second, and so on, 'till I finish 12 and feel dizzy. Everything spins around and the colours combine, making me dream of flowers and pretty faces that pass. The sky laughs at me with cold tears and so I wake up a little. Everyone is running to get under something but I still walk calmly.

I cross the street and in front of me stands a big carousel. His big features, bright colours, slow movement attracted me, so I approach. Behind it there was like a shadow, a remembering of something, like a child, it was a boy.
It was the one from Starbucks. But just an illusion, a desire of him to be there, of someone unknown yet not a stranger to be there.

"Waka*!" I hear my subordinates calling me. Really? I was having such a good time.

"I'm gonna cut your head off! I AM NOT WAKA! Blinky* is half-dead, you call ME not him the oyabun*! Understood?"

"But...waka..." Uuugh, I turn to see what they want.

"I was in a good mood, now you fucked it up, what do you want?"

"There are some issues... Some guys in the neighbourhood, we found out they sell drugs"

"Are they from a clan or something?"

"No, but they are experienced, they would bring us a lot of money"

"BULLSHIT! You know Yamaguchi* doesn't involve in drugs business! The boss will kill us!"

"Then....?"

"Capture them, we'll sell them to another group or try make them involve just in tobacco stuff"

"Understood" they reply and go.

(** I really wanted to make it realistic so: oyabun is the ultimate boss, waka (wakagashira) is after oyabun; Yamaguchi-gumi is the biggest yakuza group in Japan and I read on Wikipedia they don't do business with drugs; Blinky is Kiyoshi Takayama, the boss of Koda-kai; The Kodo-kai is based in Nagoya, you can find more on Wikipedia)