Chapter 11

After another long day at school, we were headed to see this phsycologist guy. Jason's mom drove her car while I sat in the back and Jason sat in the passenger seat. I was glad to have gone back to school that day, mainly because I needed to talk to Cameron. I had pretty much spent the whole day shut up in my room that past day. Skylar had gone to stay with her older sister this weekend so apparently she left yesterday morning. So basically, Cameron had been ditched by by both of us yesterday. I knew how much that stunk. 

Jason on the other hand hadn't had the best day. He found out within the first ten minutes of being at school about the rumor from Thursday. People asked him about him and that other guy's "date" that never even happened. Some people even tried to ask me about it. Some lives they've got. Jason was also not exactly thrilled to be going to this phsycologist so that contributed to the bad mood he was in. The medications weren't helping either. Of course they did help the ulcer, just not his attitude.

When we arrived at the office building, we all headed up the walkway and into a room that looked like a lobby at a hotel. Jason's mom told the front desk man who we were here for and he gave her a floor and room number. We entered the elevator and were taken up to the third floor. There was actually only three doors in the hall after we got off the elevator, so it wasn't hard to find the room. Jason's mom knocked on the door, and soon after, a man opened the door. 

The man was almost six feet tall and wore a blue button down and denim jeans. He had dark brown hair and grey colored eyes. He also had a very defined jaw bone. I'm not going to lie, this guy was very attractive. 

"Hi, I'm Ryan Hunter," he said as he held his hand out to shake Jason's mom's.

"So what time should I come back?" she asked.

"About forty-five minutes or so," he said flashing a perfect smile.

"Okay, be back then!" she said and patted Jason on the shoulder before leaving.

 The man opened the door wider so that we could follow him in. He then led us the a couch that faced opposite his desk. I looked around at the office as the man began going through his papers. The walls were a light grey color, well three of them, because the third was made of glass, which gave view to the streets and other buildings below. The room was fairly small, so other than the couch and his desk plus chair, he only had room for a mini fridge which was pushed in the corner. 

"So I'm guessing your Callie and your Jason," he said, pointing to each of us with the end of his pen as he said our names. 

We both nodded.

"So what do you guys like to do?" he asked, clearly trying to start conversation.

Neither of us said anything.

"C'mon. Do you play any sports, Jason?" 

"I play basketball. I'm not very good, though," he mumbled.

"What about you?" he said pointing to me.

"I don't really do the whole excercise thing," I said.

"Are you in any clubs at school?" he asked.

We both shook our heads.

"Okay, look. I get it that going to a therapist on a Friday afternoon is not exactly a fun idea at all, but I promise if you get passed the fact that I am a phsycologist and think of this more as you coming to talk with a friend, I think you'll get more out of this. I don't want to just question you with stuff that your mom is trying to get out of you, I want to get to know you as a person. And don't call me Mr. Hunter or Dr. Hunter oranything like that, call me Ryan," he said.