Chapter 10

I woke up at two in the morning to a piercing scream running through the house. I shot up from the bed into a sitting position to see if I heard anything else. After a couple minutes, I stood up from the bed and slowly walked out of my room. I was honestly scared that someone had broken in or something. Walking down the stairs with caution, I saw the bathroom light on near the front of the house. I slowly opened the door and found Jason laying on the floor holding his stomach. Luckily this time he was conscious.

 "Oh my gosh you scared the crap out of me," I said as I knelt down next to him.

He didn't say anything.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"Do I look alright?" he groaned.

"No. Did you throw up?" I asked.

"No but it feels like someones stabbing my side," he said as a tear rolled down his cheek.

Suddenly his mom came in.

"What's wrong?" she said as her eyes grew big.

"My stomach," he said as he shut his eyes in pain.

"Get up and we'll go to the doctor," she said frantically, obviously not thinking straight.

"Its two in the morning," I said.

"And I can't exactly just get up," Jason piped in.

"Right, um give me a minute and I'll figure something out," his mom said before exiting the bathroom. 

Jason groaned in pain again as he tried to move closer to the toilet in case he threw up. 

"Do you need anything?" I asked.

"I don't even know," he said as he layed his back against the bathroom wall.

 I nodded. Soon after, Jason's mom came back into the bathroom.

"Okay so what we do now depends on how you feel. I called the emergency room and they said you should probably come in. Do you just feel like you have a stomach virus or is it more pain?" she asked.

"Well it feels like my side is on fire as someone is stabbing it so I don't think that I just have the stomach virus," he said, his patience running thin.

"Okay, yeah I think we need to go. Let me just put some clothes on," she said as she ran out of the bathroom. I headed up stairs and grabbed a sweatshirt to wear with my sweatpants and then went into Jason's room and got him a shirt aswell, since he didn't sleep with one on. I entered the bathroom and Jason was still laying on the floor holding his stomach.

"So how are you going to get up?" I asked.

"I'm not sure," he said as he slowly sat up. With the help of the toilet seat and my arm, he was able to stand up, though he was still doubled over in pain. We made it to the car and Jason's mom began driving.

"Here, I brought a grocery bag just in case you get sick," his mom said as she passed it back to him. 

Every few minutes he would let out a moan of pain until after a twenty minute drive we made it to the ER. We walked in (slowly) and when we entered the building there were only two other people in the waiting room. Within a couple minutes, he was called back. Luckily this time, I didn't have to wait in the waiting room to see what would happen next. I also wasn't waiting to see if he was still alive or not. Once was enough. 

"So what does your stomach feel like?" the doctor lady asked.

"Like my stomach is on fire and someone is stabbing me," he said.