Chapter 8

I stared at the piece of paper in my hands. Without thinking, I yelled for Jason.

"Jason!"

No answer.

"Jason!"

I figured he had headphones on, so I stood up from my study session that so far consisted of no studying, and headed downstairs to his room. I looked in his room to find no one there. I then headed down the hall to Jason's mom's room.

"Where's Jason?" I asked.

"He went to the grocery store for me. Do you need something?" she replied.

"Um, yes, but it can wait," I answered before leaving her room.

 I headed back up the stairs to finish my homework. As I began to cram the picture into my backpack, I noticed a link on the top of the page. I quickly grabbed my laptop and searched the link. It was a link to the picture on someone's facebook page. When I saw the name of who posted it, I realized when this picture had been taken. 

"Hey, Callie?" Jason's mom asked as she opened the door to my room. I quickly flipped the piece of paper over and closed the search page.

"Uh, yeah?" I asked.

"I'm going to bed now, so just make sure you get to bed soon," she said.

"Okay, thanks," I replied giving her a small smile.

"And if you hear the door open downstairs, its just Jason," she said.

"Okay," I said.

"Goodnight," she said before shutting the door.

 I began to retype in the link, when I glanced at the clock and realized it was ten thirty and I still hadn't yet finished my homework. I sighed before folding the paper and putting it back into my backpack. I had procrastinated way too much for one night.

________________________________________________________________________

"Hey," Skylar said the next day at school.

"Hey," I replied.

"You look very tired," she said.

"Yeah, I was up until twelve doing homework and then I just couldn't sleep," I replied.

"Oh," she said as we walked down the hall.

"So are we talking again?" Cameron asked as he neared us.

"Yup," I said.

"Good. Man, you look tired!" Cameron explained.

"Is it seriously that noticeable?" I asked.

"Yeah, sorry," Cameron said.

"Great," I said.

"How late did you stay up?" he asked.

"I don't know. All I know is that I feel like I got an hour of sleep, tops," I said.

 The bell suddenly rang and we had to go to first period. I managed to stay awake through first period, second period not so much. I tried so hard to focus, but soon found my eyelids growing heavy. Eventually I gave in for just a second and before I knew it, I was out. 

 I woke up moments later to someone saying my name.

"You can finish your nap during detention," the teacher said as he layed a detention slip on my desk.

   I tried to figure out what the teacher was talking about, but it wasn't making sense. I just wanted to go home and crawl in bed. Why did my mind decide to start working at one in the morning? The bell rang and eventually it was time for lunch.