Chapter 13

Percy's POV:

I cant believe I'm doing this, its so beyond wrong. Annabeth told me specifically not to do it. But what else can I do? Annabeth isn't answering my IM's and everyone knows I couldn't find my way out of a paper bag with out her. The next few words out of my mouth take more effort than I thought possible, "Guy, I need your help."

"What with?" The smart one, the reason I picked them, asks curiously.

"My, my girlfriend, Annabeth, is missing. And I cant contact her, and no-ones seen her, and she told me the answer but I'm nit smart enough to figure it out!" I cry desperately.

"What?" Harry looks confused.

"She told me Erebus was rising, but I cant find hardly anything on him!"

"Well, its got to be metaphor, because Erebus was the the primordial of darkness in Greek mythology." She says as if this is the most obvious thing in the world. Its the moment of truth (I seem to be having a lot of these lately...) will they believe me? Will they freak out? "You know how you were asking about demigods the earlier?" I began.

"Yeah, what does that ha-" Ron starts.

"Listen, I'm not exactly sure why their forbidden but I can give a pretty good guess. Just as the existence of Roman demigods was shielded from the Greeks and vis versa I believe Demigods and wizards have been hidden from each other."

"Wait a second, are you, by any chance saying what I think your saying?" Hermione looks shocked.

"If your thinking that there are such things as gods and demigods, then yes."

"NO no no. There just figments of ancient peoples imagination, their way of explaining things like lightning, and the tide. Now we know better. Because of things like science." Harry nods in agreement.

" Yeah, and in a thousand years what will people think of your science? They'll call it primitive mumbo jumbo!"Ok, I know I'm going all Mr. D on them but they HAVE to understand,

Imagine, just for a moment, never dying? Never fading? Existing just as you are for all time?" He opens his mouth, about to give a dumb answer, "Think before you speak." In the end its Hermione who responds, "You mean, whether anyone believed in you or not?"

"Exactly, nd in a thousand years what if people just call you a myth? A story just to explain how a little boy gets over losing his parents?" Call me coarse for picking on harry, but everyone knows his story, so...

"I wouldn't like it, but I still don't believe in gods!" Harry looks some what offended.

Thunder crackles outside, "Oh you'd better," I mumble, "Before one of them incinerates you."

"Wait a second, your not, your not a god? Are you?" Hermione looks amazed, and a little fearful. I laugh "No! Geeze, I'm not that annoying, am I?"

"Well then, what are you?" At least they're getting on with the demigod idea.

"I think you know Hermione." I give her a long, steady look.

"Are you a demigod?" She looks hesitant, scared ever.

"BINGO! And Hermione Granger WINS IT ALL!!!" I scream like a game show host. All three of them look at me like I'm the strangest thing since brothers.

"Prove it." Ron says, terrified.

"Ok." I feel the familiar tug in my gut and all the water in the room rises, forming a sphere above their heads. 

"Anyone can do that!" Ron looks triumphant, "Wait, where's your wand..." He trails off. 

"Will you help me? Help me find Annabeth, find out who Erebus is and stop him?"

"Oh course we will, that's what friends are for!" For the first time since Annabeths IM, I smile.

A/N

Happy Birthday! its you next chapter! Hmm, its not actually your birthday (most likely) but whatever. Pegasus's are cooler that unicorns!!! Um, I'm to random :D Speaking of randomness, goodbye Random strangers!