Chapter 9

Harry's POV:

The rest of the day goes smoothly, though none of the classes are as fun as Percy's. At dinner everyone's full of 'guess what prof Percy did' stories. The best one is when he almost threw some annoying slytherin 3rd year out the window for, and I quote, 'being a brat'. Then there was that 7th year he dueled, he's still in the infirmary. I keep expecting a complaint from Hermione but, like at breakfast, she's quiet. "So, what do you think he'll do tomorrow?" Dean asks.

"Dunno, hope it isn't Malfoy who grades my homework though,that'd be awful!" I groan at the thought.

"No-ones that mean!" Ron assures me.

"I expect he'll do it on some sort of rotation, so if one student is really harsh, or really generous, it would affect your overall grade." She smiles smugly. She ought to be the teacher!

"Your probably right, you almost always are." I admit.

"You know, for our first day we did really well, no detention, no fights, no trouble at all!"

"Don't jinx it." Ron says grimly, we still have plenty of time to mess up."

"Hah, we'll be fine."

"I'd be breaking tradition, and this is our last year!"

"Well you know what I've always said, I don't go looking for trouble, it usually finds me!" We laugh and head upstairs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How are we ever going to get this done, I mean, the history of sword fighting! Who needs to know? Ron rants.

"We do, apparently." I remark.

"Where can we find it?"

"Ugh, don't you boys read, I've really have to much information! I cant possibly fit it in only 3 inches! I'm already at 7! Here, I'll read it to you" Hermione clears her throat and begins to read, "The formation of the English word "swordsman" is parallel to the Latin word gladiator, a term for the professional fighters who fought against each other and a variety of other foes for the entertainment of spectators in the Roman Empire. The word gladiator itself comes from the Latin word gladius, meaning "sword".

Greece provided the foundation for the widespread use of the sword as a weapon in the West. The Roman legionaries and other forces of the Roman military,used the gladius as a short thrusting sword effectively with the scutum, a type of shield, in battle, until the 2nd century A.D. The spatha was a longer double-edged sword initially used only by Celtic soldiers. It was later incorporated as auxilia into Roman Cavalry units; however by the 2nd century A.D. the spatha was used throughout much of the Roman Empire. The Empire's legionary soldiers were heavily trained and prided themselves on their disciplinary skills." (Thanks Wikipedia!) She looks at us expectantly.

"Its really good, do you mind if I, err, look at it?" Asks Ron.

"Ronald Weasley! How will you ever learn?" She shoves a thick book in his face. He drops it like it has the plague.

"Uh, you know, I think I'm fine, I've nearly got 3 inches anyway..." He trails off lamely. Hermione rolls her eyes at him. "I'm off to bed, g'night." I follow him shortly after.

Hermione's POV:

After the boys head upstairs I continue reading. The section on Greece if fascinating! Imagin all those gods! How would you keep them straight? But its wonderful to read. At first I read of the gods personalitys, it amazes me how detailed the discriptions are. I wonder who originaly started the stories. Then, at the very back of the book theres a small page, its titled: Demigods: The offspring of a god and a mortal. This in itself is not that interesting, its what comes after, in large, blocky letters it says this- FORBIDEN. Why would this topic be forbidden? Its just as ludicrous as the rest of the book. Still, I resolve to find out why it against the rules. Horcruxes, its obvious. Demigods, not so much. Grabbing my stuff, including the new book I head upstairs.

A/N

Thanks for the read! I had way to much time today, as you can tell. Three updates! YAY! Enjoy. Comment, vote, follow. Goodbye, random stranger!