Chapter Thirty Three: East: Agglutination Day One

Anya~ East (Russia)                         

I woke up and had to stifle a scream. The familiar scent of roses rose from my sheets. I looked around and wasn't in my normal bedroom. I was in a guest bedroom in Adric's home. His mom, Nova, was leaning over me, shaking me awake gently. Her hair was pinned up with golden clips, and she wore a diamond necklace that hung over her white robes.

She smiled and kissed my forehead lovingly. "Good morning, Dear. Adric just went off to eat, and then do something for his father. He'll be back soon. I insisted that we let you sleep in this morning, and have breakfast here. They only gave you a basic set of clothing, but I'll let you have some of mine."

I shook my head. "Thank you. So much... but I don't need to take your things."

Nova laughed giddily. "Don't worry, Anya. I just want to let you have something nice in this place. Plus, that means I get new clothing. Which my husband is very strict about. Come with me, let's find you something to wear. I've got muffins cooking in the stove right now, so they'll be done in just a few minutes." She reached for my hands and pulled me out of bed and then waved at me to follow.

I smiled. Nova was incredible. Adric was lucky to grow up with her.

She led us out into the living room and then she opened a door on the opposite wall. She pulled me inside and then lead me over to a different door. It slid open and we walked inside. It was its own small room.

"This is where I keep all my clothing. Yes, it is small, but I make do," Nova smiled as if she was proud of it.  No wonder her husband was wary to let her get new clothes. She probably had a hundred different outfits crammed in here.

From floor to ceiling the walls were decorated with silver poles from which the clothes hung. There were all different types of fabrics and it was all color organized. The smell of roses was especially strong in here. There was also a chandelier that dangled above. Nova danced around the room, brushing her hand along the clothes, searching for one I might like.

She pursed her lips and then grabbed two things from their golden hanger's. "I think these will work. Do you? I didn't anything much more casual." Her enchanting eyes watched me carefully and hopefully.

In her hands she held a dark-blue, gauzy, long, tank top with a silver zipper that went up the side and a pair of black, silk, shorts. they were definitely too nice for my comfort. I was used to oversized tee shirts and worn leggings, but it would be rude to refuse. I could deal with it for a day and then wear the given clothes for the rest. 

"They are beautiful. I think they will work for today. As long as we don't have anything too messy to do," I said. "Thank you, Nova. I really do appreciate all your help."

She beamed at me, and pulled me into a hug. "Well, I'm sure your mother would be proud of you if she knew how you were doing."

I blinked my eyes, carefully trying not to let tears graze my eyes. "Maybe so. If she were alive..."

I felt the embrace pull away and Nova cocked her head. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it badly. What happened? Your father then? Did you live with him?" She rubbed my hand.

"Well," I began, "I don't know how, but when I was young, my parents died. So supposedly my aunt heard and took care of me ever since. She died a few years before I was chosen to be in Refinement. Until then I lived with a friend. It doesn't matter much though. Everyone is expected to die at one point or another," I said. I didn't mention my brother. That wouldn't have been safe. I hadn't forgot yesterday's conversation with Jace, and Eryn.

Nova frowned and then turned her lips up again. "Well, you know you're dear girl, Anya. I'll be here for you if you ever need anything. I liked you the first moment I saw you. Come sit on the bed, and I will brush out your hair."