**********

Lizzy sat at her mother’s dressing table and brushed the kinks out of her drying hair whilst thinking of her mother, Marla needed to go to work at the hospital as a volunteer so instead of waiting for her daughter to leave she just left the spare keys; Lizzy’s mother was a wonderful, inspiring woman and even in her dying days insisted on helping others that could be cured, giving talks on what to look out for and how to notice the symptoms for other people suffering from the disease.
It was ironic seeing as she hated speaking about it at home, maybe it was finalising it if she was to take it home with her and discuss it.
She applied concealer to her darkened bags and smiled into the mirror that peered back as her reflection, feigning happiness for a minute or so before sighing again and brushing her hair into a high ponytail, her side bangs and two equal chunks of hair lined her face and took some of the attention from her eyes away along with the mascara she painted her lashes with. She couldn’t help but think of her mom and the moaning and the pain and the suffering she was going through and when she managed to think of something else, she ended up thinking of the home invasions and the home she had that could have been ripped apart.

Pushing her things into her bag and putting on a pair of blue jeans and a white t-shirt with black, chunky linings and black sleeves she soon slipped on a pair of black leather boots and her black leather jacket, picking up the keys , her bag and whatnot and walking into the living room.
On the way towards the kitchen she caught sight of a photo on the wall, one that in ten years she had not noticed before of her Dad sitting on his with Lizzy pretending to ride it with a helmet too big for her slipping and leaning on one side of her head, long brown hair cascading out of its hold.
Her dad was an extremely tall man with straight, light brown hair that reached his shoulders, his teeth were bright and white yet the front two were crooked under thin pink lips.

He had a muscular build with a little chubbiness to it and wore a cut from another, separate motor cycle club of which he helped create, only this MC that was named
‘The reapers’ was purely a motorcycle enthusiast club and nothing more, they earned nothing from it other than enjoyment of the bikes and gathering together as a group and even though they were offered things like gun running and cartel business, they had always wanted to be straight up, maybe that was the reason the club was cut off before anyone else could get their hands on the club and exploit it.
Lizzy trailed her fingers over it, noticing Clay in the background hugging one of her father’s friends tightly and wondering why he never mentioned it
“Love you Dad, Love you to the stars and back” She whispered, her eyes flicking to the outside of her wrist where the words ‘Love you to the stars and back’ formed in curled writing, giving the appearance of a bracelet, remembering the words he whispered to her before he left the night he died, it was a mystery to everyone but Marla, she knew what was going on and what had went on but never spoke a word about it, as far as she was concerned Timothy Matthew-Martinez died on the road after being hit by a drink-driver or that was the statement given by the police.

After checking all of the windows and doors and ensuring they were locked, Lizzy punched in the home security alarm code and left the house, locking the door behind her and sliding her smooth, modern phone from her pocket.
Her fingers tapped the screen and confirmed the 4 number pin code, hoping to see texts from Juice or missed calls but instead received nothing, her heart sank as she started typing in the text
‘Hey x can we talk?’ she sent minutes after reading it over, walking over to her bike and sitting in the dry shelter on top of it, the cover up ahead was merely a plastic curtain that set itself up with two metal poles either side of the what looked like a motel building yet was nothing but a set of apartments.
she tipped her head back and stared at her phone, turning and putting her bag in the hatch and making little circles in the shiny helmet when suddenly her phone vibrated
‘yeah sure x im at TM till 4:30 but ill be right over with popcorn? ;)’ Juice texted back making Lizzy feel giddy but she knew it was serious, she wanted to maybe ask for a relationship, wanted to give him the only thing he hadn’t received tonight and with popcorn she couldn’t do that.
‘We won’t be watching movies’ was all she replied back with, putting her phone in her pocket and zipping it up before sliding on the helmet and moving her glasses on to shield the pelting rain from reaching her eyes.