Chapter Thirteen - Realization

****

SCARLETT'S POV

Since the death threat turned out to be nothing but a silly old prank, Riley decided that I go back to school as Scarlett again. Thank God, because I didn't really know how long I can stand lying to Sarah's face every single time. Once or twice she'd mention something like, "You should meet my friend. You two would definitely get along." And I would just shrug nonchalantly - ironic much?

Kyle, well Kyle was a different story. You know what? Alex' plan worked-kind of. One time I punched the shit out of him-wait, I forgot to mention I train in boxing huh? Well now that you know, let's get back to what I'm saying here. So when I beat the crap out of him, he said someone recorded the whole thing. I grinned at him sardonically and walked away, leaving his thoughts twisted on what just happened.

So after a couple of days, the video of Brandon punching some dude spread like wild fire. It was quite entertaining really because people didn't care Brandon punched some guy. When Brandon had his press conference, people warmed up completely. The conference went like this,

"So, Brandon-is it true you beat up that guy for nothing?" A reporter asked somewhere in the crowd.

I furrowed my eyebrows for effect. "Now, why would you think that?"

"Well, it was under the description that quote, unquote: Brandon, the rock star beating up a helpless kid for doing nothing. Is it rubbish?"

I sighed dramatically - then saw the reporters leaning closely and cameras were probably on zoom right now. "Now listen carefully, I was walking down the hallways when I saw this innocent young lady being attacked by this... this monster." People gasped. Ha, just what I wanted to hear! I continued, "She couldn't move and he took advantage of that. We're on international t.v. so I don't want to go into details but one thing's for sure-the guy only got what he deserved."

The crowd burst out with applause and I was escorted by security to meet with my manager.

What a good outcome, eh? Anyway, back to the present. My schedule got more and more hectic because of that but I didn't want to cancel shows and leave the people with disappointment. It's been actually weeks since I've gotten back to school. I was too busy touring to even bother with school work. I told Sarah before I left that I was going to visit my family in England. Yeah I know-another lie. The tour went pretty awesome. Just like All Time Low's concerts, some girls threw bras on stage and I'd hang them on the microphone stand. People go crazy whenever I do that. Weird, huh?

"So, you're not busy this Friday right?"

I snapped my head to Sarah's direction. "Yeah, I think so." I was lazily lying on my bed on a Sunday morning with Sarah doing her homework hastily on the side.

She cocked an eyebrow, "You think so?"

I shrugged and placed my head back to where it was before. Sarah sighed, "We barely spend time with each other anymore..."

I shrugged once again.

"So now you don't even care now huh?" She whispered, hurt was clearly in her tone.

I sighed. "I'm just tired Sarah."

She laughed bitterly. "You're tired? You, of all people?" I slowly sat up to face her. She was fuming, her thin eyebrows were scrunched up connecting in the middle of her forehead, and her cheeks had a pink tint that would show whenever she has a certain outburst of emotion. "Scarlett Brandon's too tired to even have a decent conversation with her childhood best friend because she partied all night the night before and the night before that, and the night before that..." Tears started to well up in her eyes and I couldn't look at her anymore. "Pathetic." I was doing this to her. I was making her feel like shit.