Chapter Sixteen

I walked onto ATL's tour bus after going for a run, trying to find some clarity in my morning. 

"Hey, boys!" I yelled.

"Just boy. I'm in my bunk." I heard Zack call. I walked back to the bunk area and looked up at Zack, who had claimed the top bunk in the row across from mine. "Hey, Julie. What's up?" he asked helping me up into his bunk. We sat with our legs hanging off the edge of the bunk beside each other.

"Nothing much, just thinking. I should start working out with you." I said with a shrug, my voice with a casual tone.

"I would actually love that. What's inspired the sudden interest?" he asked, looking at me with a smile.

"I dunno. I just want to feel better about myself." He smiled at my answer giving me a tight hug. 

"Let's start tomorrow. It'll be fun!" I giggled, my enthusiasm obvious. "So, Alex purposed that we do Remembering Sunday." I nodded, showing I'm following him. "He wants you to do the female vocals."

My eyes widened. "Wh-what?! I don't sing anymore! He knows that!" I argued.

"But I know you would," Zack said. "I know you still would love to sing." Then we heard the bus door open.

"Zack! Are you talking to her?!" We heard Jack yell.

"Yeah! She's being stubborn." Zack yelled back. Jack came back, and as usual, took my breath away in his black v-neck, leather jacket, skinny jeans, and black and white hair.

He gently took my hand in his. My eyes met his chocolate ones. I felt myself melting inside.

"Please, Julliet, for me?" He begged. I groaned in defeat.

"Okay, fine! You win! I'll sing!" He grinned and I couldn't help myself- I grinned back.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I finished putting on my makeup and looked in the mirror. I took a deep breath. I was wearing an All Time Low t-shirt, jeans, and my galaxy Converse. I stared myself down in the mirror. 

"I can do this," I whispered. "I got this." 

I walked out and got my mic from Jeff, smiling at him as I went by. In turn, he patted my back, smiling.

"We're gonna do Remembering Sunday!" Alex announced on stage, the crowd roaring in front of him. "And we need some special help. Debby! My slutty assistant!" He joked before starting the song. I took a deep breath and started running through the lyrics in my head. Then I was being nudged to go on stage. I took a few steps to be in view of the crowd.

"I'm done with that," A few steps. "I've done something so terrible," My eyes fell on Jack. "I can't believe you'd expect that from me. I'm mixed up, I'll be blunt."

Thunder rolled over top of us. Suddenly, the rain started to pour, the sky opening above us. But we kept going.

"Now the rain is just washing you out of my hair." Jack's eyes caught mine. "And out of my mind, keeping an eye on the world. So many thousands of feet off the ground. I'm over you now, I'm at hold in the clouds, towering over your head." I was right in front of Jack as I sang the last note. Alex was back to playing his acoustic and singing.

Jack pushed his guitar around so it wasn't across his front. I set my mic on the riser behind me. Jack closed the gap between us, the rain still pouring on our heads. He kissed me passionately. I kissed back.

Every emotion we had been holding back, every feeling we had been hiding, was released by the kiss.

The entire time, nothing else mattered. All that mattered was that Jack's lips were pressed against mine. When we pulled away, he pulled me closer, hugging me so tight that I thought my breathing was going to stop. 

"Thank you..." he whispered, kissing my forehead. I looked up at him, placing my hand on his cheek. "I'm so sorry I didn't make the first move, and especially that it wasn't sooner." I shook my head, leaning to kiss him again. He kissed back, holding me against him. 

The rest of the show had to be postponed and then canceled. The rain didn't stop for the rest of the night. That didn't bother me a bit, as I slept curled up next to Jack, sleeping better than I had in months.