Chapter Four

The next morning, I woke up in my bunk. I could tell by my night sky comforter and black lightning bolt sheets. I sighed and laid back against my pillow, covering my eyes with my arm. I felt tired still. I had read many times that constant want to sleep and being tired all the time is a sign of depression. But that's a load of shit. It's preparing yourself for death.

I heard a groaned from below me, and someone rolling out of the bunk below me. Luckily, I was on the middle bunk, so nobody was falling far. I remembered that it was a crew member, so I figured that I had better be a good employer and check on them. 

I peeked out of my bunk and looked down. A half-naked Jack Barakat on the ground. He looked up at me and smiled sleepily, a blush painting his cheeks. I couldn't help but smile back. I didn't even think about how it was odd that he wasn't on All Time Low's bus.

"Good morning, Juliet," he greeted. I smiled, to show my acknowledgment. "Not feeling chatty?" I nodded and opened my curtain. My blankets slowly fell off my legs. I noticed that I had on my pajama shorts instead of my jeans. I didn't remember changing during the night either. Jack blushed deeply. "I figured you wouldn't want to be stiff." He admitted, looking to the ground. I felt heat rush to my face.

"Thank you," I said quietly. I sat up and patted the spot next to me. Jack sat beside me and put his arm around me, while my head went to his shoulder. I closed my eyes and breathed in being close to him again. 

"Hey, Jack?" I asked the older man. He rubbed my shoulder gently. I felt so content. I threw my throw-over blanket over our laps. 

"Yes, Juliet?" He replied. I looked up at him, my thoughts going at a speed where I had to talk them out. 

"Did I do the right thing?" I asked. I was fully aware how cryptic I sounded. He hated when I spoke bad about things I had done. The past was the past, and he hated bringing it back. He raised his eyebrows, puzzled.

"What do you mean?" He asked, gently rubbing my shoulder.

"I broke up with Cody. I-I." My voice started to crack. I was still feeling regret. I was trying to tell him where my blades were, but I couldn't I was too afraid to let go of my only consistent.  Even my own flesh and blood had left me in the hell of a world we were left in. Jack wrapped both of his arms around me and tucked my head under his chin.

"I know what you've done. You don't need to justify anything to me." I felt his hand on mine. "But you owe it to the girls. And if you still love Cody, don't tell me. Tell him. We'll be back in LA in two days. The boys are going to be at the show." He reported. I knew Jack would always be with me. He was one of my best friends. He almost made me forget. Maybe that was what I needed. 

To Forget.

Cody Carson had been one of my best friends for the longest time, then we started dating. We loved each other, truly. Before Jason died, I told Cody we needed to take a break, just so I could spend the last little bit of time my brother had with him. He understood, but he didn't know that I had no intentions of getting back together with him. He found all this out when I broke down and screamed at him. I knew he still was checking up on me by texting the girls. I knew he loved me. I couldn't forget that.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A/N: FUEGO FRIDAY!!!!!!

   Stay Sassy,
                   Jenna Rutabaga