Chapter 13

I am sooo sorry for not updating in over a month but what can I do, school is a problem (yes this might be why I made them go on a break so I can vicariously live through them but that is beside the point). Also PLEASE DO THE CHARACTER THING I NEED IDEAS AND I LOVE USING YOURS WHEN I'M COMING UP WITH DIFFERENT PLOT LINES. Hope you guys enjoy the chapter even though I know most of you skipped this and went straight to the chapter.. oh well, i guess only those who read this truly loved me. :'(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we got back to my house, we threw everything onto the floor in my living room, turned on Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and went back to eating our foods, with an addition of popcorn that Krish said that we just had to have.

As soon as Harry was chosen to take place in the Triwizard tournament, Arjun suddenly jumped up and raced to the kitchen, so obviously, I jumped up and followed him there.

'What's wrong?' I asked, knowing that he might not want to say anything out loud.

'My mom just texted me, my dad can't find Mani anywhere. They think she ran away after I dropped her back home last night.' He replied, looking down sadly at me.

I quickly wrapped myself around him and gave him a tight hug. She is going to be fine. Let's quickly finish the movie so you aren't freaking out, then we will all go out to find her. We now have a Hikaru who can turn into animals and an Angie who can understand them. We should be able to find her in no time.

He looked at me for a second, as though he could not believe that I was actually giving him a hug, and replied with a short nod. I held his hand and we walked back into the living room, where everyone was so engrossed in the movie that they didn't realize that we had gone to the kitchen. Arjun quickly sat down onto the floor and tried to get immersed into the movie again.

I picked up a handful of popcorn from Krish's bucket and after a loud "HEY" in response, I sat down next to Arjun and put my head on his shoulder. I stared that the movie and realized that they were at the part where Harry had just gotten interviewed by Rita Skeeter.

Throughout the rest of the movie, there were several times where Arjun and I weren't even watching it anymore because we got too captivated in talking to each other. I guess that's one perk of being able to hear each other's thoughts, you're able to talk during a movie with someone and no one can get mad at you because they cannot hear your words.

Once the movie was finished, Arjun explained to everyone what happened and we all got ready and split up into groups of four (but one of them had five). Akatsuki, Sam, Noah, Devika and Mishty all went together back to the park to see if Mani tried to follow Arjun there, Marcus, Krish, Jay and Angie went to check out the area around the school, and Kishan, Hikaru, Arjun and I began to check the neighborhood. We all agreed to meet up after an hour to come up with another plan to find her, but if we did find her, all we had to do was send out a text.

We left the house and separated by groups to where we needed to go. Arjun gave the idea that the four of us could split up to cover more ground, but I immediately shot it down.

"Why not? That would be the best way to find Mani if she is in this area." Arjun argued, but because Hikaru and Kishan know me so well, they shot him down this time.

"Rani has a fear of being alone at the night." Kishan explained.

"She has been since the incident" Hikaru said, looking at me as though she was asking if she could continue. I gave her a nod, so she began to retell the tale, and I began to clutch onto Kishan's arm.