Chapter 4

As we stood up, the vile smell got worse, and i realised that it was exactly what i hoped it wasnt. It was the smell of blood.

"What happened?" I asked as i fully stood up. Jay asleep and relying entirely on kishan to stay standing and to walk.

"I don't know." Kishan said. "I turned around for one second then i heard jay scream, so i turned around to see what happened, then i saw this. And he fell face first into some grass and he hasn't woken up since." He gestured for me to go behind the two of them so i did.

The back of jay's shirt was completely ripped.  It looked almost identical to the way that Akatsuki's jeans were ripped after the incident.

He had three bloody cuts in his back, shredding his shirt. "Why didn't you call coach?" I asked.

"Well first of all. I didn't expect for anything bad to happen and second. Well i kinda sorta left my phone at home today as well." Kishan said. Then things got worse. Another two figures entered our little clearing.

"I dont know what happened to her. She screamed 'look out' the she screamed again then fainted and i looked and i saw this happened and my phone's grounded so i couldn't call coach." Krish rambled on, panting, carrying hikaru in his arms, bridal style.

"Wait what happened?" I asked scared for my best friend. "Kishan. Take my phone and call coach. Then tell angie and marcus to start to leave. I dont care if we don't win but i do care about them."

"Well we were walking and hikaru was behind me. All was good, until hikaru told me to move out of the way but i wasnt fast enough and she got hit by something so she screamed, then i turned around and she was fainted and her arm was bleeding really badly. I picked her up and came back here as fast as i could."  Krish said.

"Is she okay?" I asked, checking her pulse. "Her pulse is slower than usual. we have to start going towards The front again. But we can't run because of the two of them. We have to walk." I said, calculating the fastest path back in my head.

"What happened to jay?" He asked.

"Something similar to what happened jay and kishan was able to get him back but he got scratched on his back and he fainted. He still hasn't woken up." I explained.

"Why did this happen to the people who are closest to me?" Krish asked, tears beginning to form in his eyes.

"Its okay. They've only passed out due to blood loss. We need to put pressure over their wounds to stop the blood so they don't bleed to death." Arjun said, leaving the three of us to look at him strangely. "What? My dads a doctor. But first we need to get them into comfortable positions."

"I told marcus and angie. They're on their way back but i can't get ahold of coach." Kishan said, carefully helping jay lie down on several of the rocks with my phone in between his cheek and shoulder.

"We need to come up with an easy way out of the woods before both of them come." I said, helping Krish lay Hikaru on the ground and her head in my lap so she could lay flat instead of bent into a weird position.

Arjun walked towards Kishan to help him set Jay down without touching his bleeding parts.

Krish took off his shirt and passed it to kishan and arjun to use for jay, and sat down next to me, holding down hikaru's wound while i stroked her hair. 

"What happened here?" Angie asked as they both entered the clearing.

"Kishan didn't tell you?" I asked.  She shook her head. "We dont know why but both Jay and Hikaru were attacked and then they fainted. Now we need to get both of them to coach safely but he won't answer our calls."