Chapter 5

After a few moments of complete silence, the rest of our gym class emerged from the locker rooms and sat down wherever they wanted to.

"So who won coach?" A perky voice asked from the front of the gym.

"Well there are technically two winners, the only two groups who did not have their flag touched, the dragons," He replied, making over half the gym moan and groan while the boys jumped with joy, "and the dragon slayers."

We looked at each other then looked back at coach just to see him give us a discreet wink.

"Next time we meet, we will decide who is the winner, we will get into two teams, one lead by the dragons and the other lead by the dragon slayers, in a game of dodgeball or something, but for now, just get to your regular class" Coach said, dismissing the class. I stood up with all of my stuff and began to walk towards him, but Kishan stopped me.

"Come on Rani, we should go, you don't want to be late for english." He said, slightly dragging me out of the gym and into the hallway where everyone else was waiting for us.

"So what class do you have next?" Marcus asked Arjun, trying to break the silence.

"English." Arjun said.

"The follow us." Kishan said, and we split up, Marcus and Angie going to pre-cal and the rest of us going to english.

~~~

We sat down in class, and because it was still Arjun's first day, Miss. Miyazaki kept him in the front of the classroom and told everyone else to take their seats after the bell rang for the beginning of the period.

"So today we have a new student, and I'm sure you've heard about him, but would you still introduce yourself to the rest of the class?" Miss Miyazaki asked.

"Hi, I'm Arjun Patel and i just moved here from Mississippi" He said.

"You can sit wherever you want to, and don't worry about it, we don't have an assigned seating chart." She said

A lot of people weren't in class and i guess it was because of the capture the flag game, but because hikaru wasnt here in her spot next to me, it felt even emptier

"Is it okay if i sit here?" Arjun asked, pointing towards the seat next to kishan.

"Yeah." He said. We sat at a table near the middle of the classroom and because it is literature, we had to discuss what the text means, so Miss Miyazaki put us all in group tables so we could work with whoever we wanted.

"Why would you want to sit by them?" Nick asked from behind us.

"Just ignore him, Or the entire time he'll be bugging you and having David his work for him." Krish said.

"Everyone needs to settle down now. I have to take attendance then we can get on with our discussion." Miss Miyazaki said and everyone sat down. Arjun took his seat next to Kishan and Miss Miyazaki began to skim the room for who was absent.

"Where are Hikaru and Jay?" She asked "They're not in 6th period pe"

I looked at Krish from the corner of my eye and responded, "They went home. They aren't really feeling too good and Nurse Shino said it would be better for them to go home because it might be a virus."

"Okay then Krish, Divya, i expect you two to fill them in on what happened today." Miss Miyazaki said, then immediately turned to her book copy of 'To Kill a Mockingbird and said, "Turn to chapter 15, and we will read in our groups so choose who is going to say the first paragraph then go around in a clockwise circle. Make sure to write down what you feel about the judgement that is being passed."