Chapter 9

I looked through the peephole even though i already knew who it was. I could almost feel the stares of everyone as they watched to see what Hikaru had dared me.

I turned around, hoping to get out of it, but i could see in Hikaru's eyes that she wouldn't let me back out of it. Even if it took away my first. Before I even opened the door, I could hear Mani barking at the smell of new people.

I took a deep breath in and opened the door. I now understood why everyone was complaining about the cold but at the same time, it didn't feel cold at all.

Before he could say a word, i pulled him down by his collar and pushed my lips onto his, expecting it to be awkward. It felt like a thousand things all at once  but awkward was definitely not one of them. i immediately dropped my arms from the front of his shirt. I couldn't think about anything else besides what was happening right now. I could tell by the way he looped his arms around my waist to hold me closer and pull me up onto his feet to match his height that he felt the same way. It felt like everything else in the world had disappeared and it was just the two of us. I unconsciously wrapped my arms around his neck and held on tighter. It felt like we fit perfectly in each other's arms. It felt like we were supposed to be with each other like this.

We stood there, in front of my house, for what seemed like an eternity, melting into each other. Forgetting about the cold. Forgetting that it was almost eleven. Forgetting that everyone was watching. Forgetting the little puppy barking at his heels.

All I could think about was him. All I could smell was him. All I could feel was him. There was nothing else that seemed to matter.

Most people say that first kisses are awkward and embarrassing when others were watching, but it didn't feel that way. I didn't care that the others were watching and probably recording what we were doing. It wasn't awkward because i felt confident when i reached up to run my fingers through his hair.

His hands started to go higher until he reached the small of my back and started to draw little squiggles, making me slightly shiver.

We pulled away, after what seemed like would never end, because we needed to breathe.

"So..." I said.

"Yeah..." He replied.

"You wanna go inside now?" I asked. Please say that you wanna just stay out here.

"Sure.." He said but in the back of my mind i hear his voice saying 'no i wanna stay out here, with no one else, continuing what we just finished.' My face flustered at the thought 'i'm even thinking in his voice now' he picked up his backpack and mani.

We walked back inside with and closed the door behind us.

"She is the cutest puppy ever!" Angie and Sam exclaimed, jumping to cuddle with Mani.

"Well was that the most intimate thing you ever done with someone of the opposite gender or what" Hikaru greeted as we walked inside.

Arjun and I refused to exchange glances, but i could tell that neither us wanting to agree or disagree with her. 'I could have sworn that no one was watching' i thought in Arjun's voice. 'It felt like it was only the two of us.' I thought in my own.

"Oh well. Lets just go upstairs and continue the game." I said, refusing to look back at Arjun.

'I can already tell that this is going to be awkward.' I thought in Arjun voice

'Yeah. No kidding' i replied in my voice.

~~~

We all gathered back into the theatre room, I still couldnt look at Arjun. It just felt to awkward especially because he was sitting directly across from me. I spun the bottle and it landed on Jay.