The Best Man Speech

James and Lily had a muggle wedding with Lily's family and those of James' family who were accustomed to muggle surroundings, then just a small celebration with their wizarding friends considering they were in the middle of the first Wizarding War. Sirius, of course, was James' Best Man so had to make a speech, a muggle friendly, family friendly speech. It went something like this.

"Hello to one and all, I'd firstly like to thank you all for making this day so special for the newly weds and take a moment to say, on their behalf, that you all look simply ravishing-wait, I was supposed to cut that out wasn't I? Sorry Lily, you'd think that after 7 years of dealing with me pretty much every day she'd know that I simply cannot contain myself. Now, I'd like to tell you all a little story, this story took place around 5 years ago, the scene you should be picturing should contain the image of two adolescent boys, one with extremely unkempt hair and rectangular glasses askew on his face and the other, a picture of perfection-that's me, in case you were wondering-sat under a tree next to the lake. Across the lake, a pretty red head could be seen practising flower blooming char-chains, like, little daisy chains, y'know? Anyway, little James sat next to me couldn't take his eyes off her, he was smitten as he had been since he first laid eyes on her at the age of 11, it was actually quite annoying, do you know how hard it is to cause trouble  when your best mate can't focus on anything but this girls face? There was me hoping this crush would simmer down soon, he had to take a hint eventually, I don't know how many of you know this, but Evans-Lily, Potter? Sorry, absolutely loathed James for the first 6 years of knowing him, she couldn't walk past him without hexing him, uh, by hexing I do of course mean swearing at him, uh, not to say she swore a lot, Lily was a good girl, a model student. Anyway, I was sat wondering how  long it would take James to finally snap out of this stupor when he turns to me and says 'You're gonna be my Best Man, you know that right?' and I just laugh because I could never even imagine myself attending a wedding, let alone being trusted with the task of making a speech at one, but this one just keeps looking at me with that look that just says 'laugh now but I'm serious'-well, he was wrong, I'm Sirius, sorry, no puns, got it, anyway, this look just says 'we'll see who's laughing' and it looks like it's still me because all James has done all day is cry so...I'm joking, dude, but in all seriousness though, it's really nice to see all of my best friends here and happy in one place because they're not just friends, they're family and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone currently in my life for making everything a little more bearable-even if you are dying my hair pink, or stealing my sweets, or sleeping in my bed-I'd like to thank the Potter's for taking me in and treating me like one of your own, I'd like to thank Peter for telling me to shut up when everyone else had stopped listening, I'd like to thank Remus for keeping me grounded and on track, I'd like to thank James for never leaving me and always accepting who I am and lastly, I'd like to thank Lily for making my best  friend, my brother, the happiest man on earth and letting him fulfil his dream of seeing you in white stood next to him at the alter, also for accepting the fact that by marrying James you're accepting Remus, Peter and I, because we come in a 4-for-1 package, also for not reporting me all those times you should of in school, because we wouldn't want this to get too soppy now would we? Oh God, why're you all crying, stop, please no, it's a wedding, look happy! Will it make you happy if we toast to the couple? Yes, good, alcohol, it makes everything more happy. To James and Lily Potter, the living breathing proof that if you wait long enough, you will get what you've always wanted, good things come to those who wait eh?" 

Needless to say that the speech at the other side of London was a little less innocent.