Second Year Christmas

The year is 1973, it is the Marauders second year at Hogwarts and the first year for young Regulus Black. It is a well known fact that Sirius refuses to show any relation to his younger brother who continued the families Pure-Blood traditions and was sorted into Slytherin.
The Marauders chose to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas this year for one reason or another-and so had Regulus. On the first morning of the Christmas break it transpired that only around 30 students had decided to remain in school for the festive period, the four Second Years were the only Gryffindors.
At breakfast that morning, Dumbledore announced that at this time there should be no need for the separation of the four Houses so each pupil should be free to sit at whichever table they so desired, this proclamation was greeted with silence and it seemed that no one wished to move until Regulus Black rose slowly from his seat amongst some Fifth Year Slytherins and began to make his way across the Great Hall, much to Dumbledores great pleasure. Regulus found himself sat between his brother and a very confused looking James Potter, the vicinity of the Hall watched in silence as Sirius' face flickered angry to sad to confused to disgusted and finally settled emotionless when he stood up, placed his hands on his brothers shoulders to guide him back to his original seat. Sirius then proceeded to leave the Great Hall followed quickly by his friends who would then confiscate his wand and anything that could be potentially harmful from him and force him into the midst of a Marauder-Sandwich for the duration of the day.