one on one...

So this was going to be an author's note but, I know when you have a book in your library and you wait for an update and when you get it, it's an A/N. So I'll just say what I was going to say here and you can read it or ignore it, it's probably a minute or more or less, however you read, of your life you won't  get back anyways. So, I just want to say thanks for those few votes that might some day might not be so few... but more. Also, your nice comments keep me going and wanting to keep writing, so thanks. Anyways, proceed with the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gabbie's POV

"A-lpha Ian?" I ask.

"He's not your alpha." He mutters.

"Well... not yet, when he gets his mate though, he'll be an alpha."

"HE'S NOT YOUR ALPHA!" It sent me hiding under the covers. "I'm your king, he is not so don't speak like that about him."

"You aren't my king, I'm not one of your pathetic dragons that will do anything for you the instance you snap your fingers," I snap back.

"You better start respecting me."

"Respect you?! What about those years that we vowed that we would be equal to each other? What, is the guy always dominant! If you want me to respect you, respect me."

"This is why our kind doesn't mix, we are enemies. I don't even know why the gods paired us, I should be with a dragoness, not a 'mutt'. Weak things that are like roaches, you never kill all of them, because there's already a new batch coming in."

"You know what? You're right. I don't know how a killer of my 'species' would ever be my mate." I said acting tough, but me being a mutt wasn't helping. His nostrils flared as he grabbed a lamp from a desktop and threw it at the door. While he was distracted, I quickly wiped forming tears from my eyes and waited for him to finish." Are you done doing your tantrum?" But by them he had slammed the door on his way out. You will be a sorry ass when I'm done with you, but the thought left my head as I tried to forget his words. "Mutt." "Roaches" "weak" but he's right, I'll always be a weakling, a pest roach, a mutt.