4. Just Stopping By

The next morning in the hybrid's estate, it was quiet. Kol believed that Rebekah and Elijah had headed back home, and that was all he could assume from under the silk, white covers of his bed. His face was buried into his pillow, not wanting to get up from the bed. It was the first time he'd slept since before he was killed. He'd forgotten what it felt like after a little while. There was no need for sleep when you were a ghost.

Just as Kol had finally made himself comfortable enough to drift back off to sleep, Klaus had come into the room, ripping the curtains open, the sun shining at Kol's face. He groaned slightly and pulled a pillow over his face to block out the unwanted light.

"Kol, brother, you must get up. We have things to do today and no time to dilly dally."

As Klaus made his way across the room, Kol threw his pillow at Klaus, thanking him for waking him up. Why was Klaus even bothering including him in whatever he had in mind? Just last night, Kol had proven that he didn't agree with anything his brother was doing and then left abruptly.

"Is that any way to treat a guest, Nik? I haven't even been back a day and you're already waking me up at the brink of dawn and ordering me around."

"Yes, well, my apologies, brother. It seems as though I have more important things in mind than sleeping today."

"And why should I be involved in these activities?"

"How do you feel about having a visit back in Mystic Falls?" The corners of Klaus' lips slightly curled up, and Kol joined in, smirking like a madman.

"What did you have in mind?"

"You'll see."

After Klaus managed to coax Kol into going with, the two brothers were in Mystic Falls by mid-afternoon. Unsure of why they were returning to the town Klaus had abandoned not too long ago, Kol had a set goal in mind. His plan was coming into play today. All he needed was to find the Lockwood boy that Caroline Forbes was so smitten with. In a final effort to make sense of why his brother had decided to return, he came to the conclusion that he wanted to pay Ms. Forbes a visit.

A slight smirk grew on his face as he realized that where else would Tyler be, but with Caroline? Two birds with one stone. Klaus could see the girl that he couldn't admit he was in love with, though he'd made it obvious enough that he might as well have worn a sign around his neck, and Kol could get hold of Tyler for his plan to finally take affect.

The two Originals stood tall and proud on the doorstep of the Forbes house. It had crossed Klaus' mind, as well as Kol's, that if anyone were home and saw Kol, that they would immediately call Stefan and Damon. No one trusted Kol, especially if he was back from the Other Side. Last time he came back, he tried to kill Elena, and it wasn't all too long ago either.

As the door opened, revealing a very confused and slightly agitated Caroline and Tyler to the two brothers, the blonde vampire was ready to slam the door in their faces, no questions. Kol might not be able to get into the house, but Klaus definitely could. The Original hyrbid stopped the door implicitly, letting himself in as if he owned the place.

Tyler was reluctant to stand too close, so he took a few steps back while Caroline stood only inches away from Klaus. The vampire's glare remained, while Klaus' face gestured more of a relaxed, even excited look. He was happy to see Caroline. He wasn't so thrilled about Tyler still being here, but there wasn't much he could do about that. He promised Caroline that Tyler was safe and he wouldn't try to get in between them any longer.

"Klaus, what is he doing here? Why is Kol here? How is he here? Why are you both here?" Caroline had her arms folded across her chest.