2. The Bennett Bookstore

Back at his perfectly built, well maintained private estate house in the out skirts of the city, Klaus was getting ready to scour the rest of Louisiana to find Jannis Bennett. He decided to start at the other end of Louisiana, letting Bekah tag along in hopes of her being useful to him at finding Jannis. Klaus was determined to get what he wanted, just like he always was. And one way or another, Klaus always gets what he wants.

"Rebekah, are you almost ready, darling?" Klaus was beginning to become a little impatient with his younger, blonde half-sister. She'd taken almost an hour to get ready.

"Yes, Niklaus." Rebekah sighed as she sauntered down the cherry cedar stairway leading to the main floor of the manor.

"Now, why did you take so long? You hardly look much different from when I saw you before you went upstairs." Klaus would never understand girls and their obsession with wearing makeup. Rebekah was clearly, and unimaginably beautiful without the aid of modern day cosmetics. Sometimes he wondered where he went wrong with her.

"Shut up, Nik. It was necessary. We could be scouring the earth for who knows how long until we find this Bennett witch that, for all we know, blondie could have completely made up to keep Tyler and the rest of her friends safe from you."

"Caroline knows I won't come after them unprovoked. I have no reason to." Klaus was trying to make a point to Rebekah that he and Caroline had an understanding without being upfront about it.

"But she doesn't know what you're thinking. You haven't spoken to her since you left Mystic Falls until this morning."

"Just trust me, Rebekah. I trust her, so you need to trust her, too."

"Fine, whatever. Let's just go."

After hours of driving through the mid-day sun and the evening sunset, Klaus had suffered through countless Taylor Swift and Katy Perry albums, as well as Rebekah's slightly off key singing.

"What's the name of this girl singing about never ever getting back together with her boyfriend?"

Rebekah gave her seemingly unknowledgeable half-brother a very dumbfounded look. "It's Taylor Swift you bloody prat. What coffin have you been daggered and locked away in for the past decade?"

Klaus looked back at Rebekah with the same look she gave him. "I'd like to ask you the same thing considering you've actually been daggered in a coffin for the past century and a half. Besides, you should give Muse a chance. Much better than that rubbish teen-drama nonsense you had on."

"She's inspirational and her songs are relatable, Nik." Rebekah retorted simply, not having much to say on the subject.

"Whatever you say, Bekah." After that was said, she hardly said a word for the rest of the drive.

Finally arriving in a city called Shreveport, Klaus decided that it would be a good place to start. He didn't want to waste any time searching for this witch. Klaus wasn't a very patient man and the sooner he found Jannis, the better.

Klaus and Rebekah searched high and low all across the east end of the city, running dry on hits as to where this Bennett witch was. However, they did gather information about a Bennett living in the city who owned a bookstore not too far from the heart of Shreveport. Klaus decided to reward anyone who could give him information on the store's whereabouts. And by reward, of course he meant sparing their lives.

"Youree Drive is the place you're lookin' for," a slightly older gentleman spoke up from behind them as they were questioning a cashier at a local McDonalds.

"How far is that from here?" The two siblings turned to face him.

"Oh, I'd say around 15 minutes south-east from here."