1. This Is Family Business

In a small sector of downtown New Orleans, Klaus was standing with Marcel, speaking about finding a witch. For the longest time, Klaus held a resentment against Jeremy Gilbert for staking his brother Kol. He couldn't kill him, no matter how much he wanted to. He would have to deal with Stefan, Damon, Elena, Bonnie and most importantly Caroline. The witch that he was looking for had to be strong enough to use a spell that could bring back someone from the dead. This was now referred to as the Other Side, a place where any supernatural being was kept once they died; witches, vampires, werewolves, and hybrids. This was where Kol was trapped for eternity, all alone.

Klaus didn't necessarily need Kol back, he wanted him back moreso for spiteful reasons. He wanted him back for leverage against The Salvatores and The Gilberts. He knew Kol would be vengeful of Jeremy, so as long as Jeremy was alive he could use Kol to make deals with them; to find an ultimatum so that he could have what he wants without interference from them. The other reason he wanted to bring him back was for Rebekah. She missed Kol and has been whining since the day he was staked for him to come back. She loved their family, no matter what, and was willing to do anything to keep it safe.

Klaus had gotten Marcel to ask around the different sectors of New Orleans for witches. They may not know anyone here who could do the spell, but the witches might have some friends who could. They were in a pub in the French quarter right now, talking to a witch by the name of Camilla.

"I can't do that kind of magic, Marcel. I'm no where near strong enough. Only a Bennett witch has the capability of that kind of expression," her voice was calm.

"Bonnie," Klaus muttered to himself.

"You know of a Bennett witch?" Camilla's voice heightened a little out of surprise.

"Yes, but I don't think she would do it. Especially because of how spiteful Kol can be, he would go after her beloved boyfriend. She wouldn't risk his life for me or my brother."

"Does she have a mother? Sister? Blood relatives of any sort?" Marcel jumped in now.

Klaus brushed his hand through his hair roughly. "Her mother and grandmother are dead and those are the only ones we knew of that were left in the Bennett line."

"Maybe an aunt or something?"

"No, she's never mentioned anything like that," Klaus started feeling a little defeated. Maybe he could bribe her into it. Promise safety from Kol if she brought him back. "But I think I have an idea."

Klaus excused himself from Camilla and Marcel, stepping outside of the pub. He reached into his pocket and pulled his phone, dialing a number that belonged to someone he hadn't spoken to in a long time. It wasn't Bonnie or Elena. It was the beautiful blonde vampire he'd left behind in Mystic Falls; the one he'd fallen in love with not that long ago. The one that he had to let go of because she didn't choose him. She chose his unsired hyrbid, Tyler.

"Klaus? Hey, what's up? Why are you calling me? We haven't spoken since graduation," Caroline's voice was soft and sweet-sounding through the phone line and made Klaus smile from ear to ear.

"Caroline, love, it's great to hear your voice again."

"Is that why you called? Just to hear my voice?" Caroline's giggle was infectious because Klaus picked up on it, too.

"No, no. I mean, I'd never pass up the opportunity, but I actually needed to ask you something," he paused momentarily. "Would it be possible if I could speak to Bonnie any time soon?"

"I'm sorry, Klaus, but that isn't possible." Caroline seemed suddenly disconsolate.

"Caroline, it's important. I need Bonnie to-"

"Klaus, she's dead."

This news about Bonnie's death was completely new to him. He hadn't even speculated that happening. No one had called. He hadn't spoken to anyone in Mystic Falls since he left a few weeks ago. He was at a loss for words. What was Klaus supposed to say to Caroline? He was going to use Bonnie for a spell to bring back Kol, who would certainly be vengeful, and she was dead.

"I'm so sorry, love. I-I didn't know. My condolences. What happened?"

"When Jeremy died, Bonnie went overboard trying to bring him back, so she used a spell to bring him back from the Other Side and it was too strong for her. When Jeremy came back, she was weak and..."

"She'd really risk her life for that Gilbert kid, huh?"

"Love makes people do crazy things, I guess."

"Indeed it does," Klaus thought about Caroline and how much he cared and loved for her. He questioned whether he would risk his life for her or not. "Now, slightly off topic, but I did have a reason for calling. I need a Bennett witch. Did Bonnie ever mention her mother having a sister or anything?"

"I just told you my best friend is dead and you're scheming? That is so Klaus of you."

Caroline was irritated by Klaus' lack of empathy towards her. She expected differently, but then again, it was Klaus. Klaus never really cared how others felt.

"Caroline, there isn't anything I can do. But this is important to me, please help me, just this once."

"Fine, Klaus. Yeah, I think she mentioned something about an Aunt Jannis in Louisiana. What do you need her for, anyway?"

"All will be revealed in due time, love. Nothing to worry about regardless, you're out of harm's way. Thank you for your help, I really do appreciate it."

"Whatever, Klaus. You better not be plotting against my friends again."

"Only if need be," Klaus grinned foolishly to himself.

"Klaus," Caroline warned him.

"I'm only kidding, sweetheart. None of you are in any danger from me."

"Good bye, Klaus." Caroline sighed, trying not to give in to his sense of humour.

"Good bye, Caroline. I hope to be paying a visit back to Mystic Falls soon, I hope you don't mind."

"I'll be waiting with open arms, Klaus." Her tone was sarcastic.

"I wouldn't expect anything less. Take care, darling."

He ended his call and joined Marcel and Camilla back inside. The smirk that sprung to his face told them that he had information worth sharing. Of course, Klaus didn't want to involve Camilla any further. He didn't need anyone ruining his plan. If Camilla couldn't help, she was no longer of use to him.

"So? What've you got?" Marcel ushered Klaus away from the bar counter, and over to a booth where they could talk privately.

"I spoke with my blonde friend, Caroline. She was friends with Bonnie Bennett."

"Was? What happened?"

"It seems the Bennett line has ended."

Marcel didn't show much remorse. His face didn't say much. Klaus knew that he didn't care whether or not Kol was dead. In fact, he didn't believe he really wanted him to come back in the first place. Marcel practically ran New Orleans, having everyone fear him and do as he says. Klaus knew that Marcel was afraid of The Mikaelsons to overrun his city.

"So, what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to keep searching. I don't think Bonnie was the last living descendant of the Bennett bloodline. I'm going to go out of state for a few days, but I'll keep you posted on what's going on."

"Klaus, I'm coming with you. We're in this together," Marcel protested.

"Sorry, mate, but this is family business. You won't be joining me this time. I think I might bring Rebekah instead, or maybe Elijah. I haven't decided."

Marcel got up from the booth and left the pub. He felt that Klaus was up to something, and he wanted to know what. Marcel was always devious and cunning, so he decided to do a little investigating on his own.

Meanwhile, Klaus was left alone in the pub, smirking to himself. Klaus knew better than to trust Marcel, no matter how great of a team they would be, nothing beats the honour of family. Rebekah wouldn't double cross him, and she wanted the same as he did. They wanted Kol back.