Chapter Seventeen; "For Me"

"I'll fight for you, I'll die for you, I'll dry your tears, I'll fight your battles, I'll do anything for you."
                                                                                         --Anonymous

Niall took Harry to work regularly knowing that Harry needed to get the experience. Harry was still in training according to the manager of the restaurant that Niall waited at. Though waiters didn't get paid as much as psychologists, Niall found ways to pay his half of the rent without any problems. Of course, Louis may have pitched in without Niall's knowledge. 

Harry took to waiting quite easily; though he constantly worried that he was going to drop something, he never did. He improved to what a regular waiter who had only worked a month could do in about a week. And after that, the manager asked him to work his shifts. 

Louis dropped by often, being as he is Harry's boyfriend and this was his favourite place to stop and eat after a very tiring day at work. But he mostly came to pick up Harry after work to drop him home and stay for some evening snacks that Anne had prepared. 

Harry really liked working at Brian's Place. It took his mind off of school, home and it was helping him save up the money that he was going to pay Louis back with. When Harry had chosen to look for a therapist to finally help him with his issues, he researched about them. Finding out that they ask for a lot of money and he had no money to pay with, Harry was in a mess. But Louis didn't charge as much, he surprisingly charged less. His motto: help doesn't need to cost a lot. And boy was Harry glad!

"Harry!" John, one of his co-workers, called. 

Harry turned back to look at him, yelling a quick "yeah?" back.

John gestured at the pile of dishes that were on tables 3 and 7. "My shift is over and my girlfriend is waiting for me at a dinner reservation, can you please put them away? I'll owe you one! I promise!"

Harry chuckled and motioned for John to go. John whipped off his apron--he was cleaning the dishes--and ran out the door faster than the speed of light. Sort of. Harry walked over to the plates and picked them up. He walked over to Niall, who was in charge of cleaning the dishes as well, and dropped them off. "Hey, John asked you not me!" Niall whined.

Harry smiled, "Louis' coming to pick me up. I have to give him something and he had something to show me, I don't really know. My shift ends soon too. Sorry Niall." Harry wasn't really sorry. Louis had asked him to give Niall more work because Niall kept bugging in when Louis and Harry were trying to have their moments. 

"You know, you and Louis should pay me for being so awesome, I swear," Niall grumbled as he continued to wash the grease off the dishes, leaving them pearly white.

"And you should stop interrupting us," Harry shot back. He turned to leave, but chose to turn around and give the Irish lad a quick hug. "Bye Niall." Niall waved a soapy hand back as Harry walked out of the kitchen and out of the restaurant. 

Louis was waiting outside. Dressing in blue jeans and a tight black shirt, Louis was on his phone leaning against his car. Harry was sure he was going to faint if Louis wore that for the rest of the evening. Maybe he could convince Louis to change, it was such a distraction. Louis' head turned up when he heard a muffled cough. He smiled at Harry and pocketed his phone, holding his arms open for Harry to come into. 

Once in his arms, Harry nuzzled his head into Louis' neck, kissing it softly once. They stayed like that for a few minutes, Louis glaring at people when they looked at them with disgust or even stopped to stare. Harry wasn't aware of what was going on behind him, he was busy taking in that he was finally with Louis.

They let go of each other begrudgingly and sat down in the car. Louis started to drive away from the restaurant. "Where are we going, Lou?" Harry asked, twiddling his thumbs.

"Just my place, I decided to make something for us, I think it's edible," Louis answered, grinning at his joke. 

"It probably isn't," Harry joked back.

"Excuse me, you're my boyfriend, you're supposed to be on my side not your own!" Louis exclaimed. 

Harry laughed and shook his head, "Not when the truth is said." 

Louis kept grinning as he reached over to Harry and took his hand, interwining their fingers. For the rest of the ride, both were content and the silence wasn't overbearing. Often, Louis or Harry would crack up a joke and both of them would play along until the joke died. It wasn't awkward, it was more ... perfect than anything else. 

Arriving at Louis', Harry checked his pocket to make sure that he had what he needed. Louis led him to the kitchen table. Harry gasped in shock.

Louis had gone all the way. On the table, there were candle lights already flickering and flowers. To make it classy, Louis had used his finest dishes and silverware. The napkin was folded neatly, in the way that restaurants would and Harry knew that Niall had helped out. Right in the middle of their two dishes, both in front of each other, was a cute little bow made from strawberries and covered with chocolate sauce. As their meal, spagghetti played an important role and he realized that this was the kind of spegghetti that his mom made for him. And the strawberries, Zayn knew. Liam had asked me a couple of days back on what my favourite flowers were and there they were in a vase.

Everyone had gone to lengths to make this a great dinner. 

"Why?" Harry asked quietly. "Why did you do this?"

Louis smiled, "It's been exactly two months since we got to meet each other in my office. And I'm so happy I met you." He held Harry's hand and helped him into his chair. He kissed Harry's forehead before he walked over to his chair and sat down. 

They both ate and chatted happily about Harry's choices for universities which he had yet to apply for and Louis' job. They talked about a future that for some odd reason, they knew they were going to have together. At least they hoped. But who knew, the future could change.

When Louis finally stopped talking about how Niall peed his pants this other day, Harry took out a small envelope from his pocket. "I brought you something." Harry took Louis' hand and flipped it over so it was on the table with Louis' palm facing up. He placed the envelope into his hand and closed it over.

"Thank you for helping me, Lou. Really, you helped me so much. I'm a lot better than I ever was. And I know that I didn't have the money to pay you back before but I've been working hard and this is all that I saved to pay you back. Please take it." 

Louis shook his head, "Harry, I can't--"

"No, you will, okay? For me."

And Harry didn't know how important "for me" meant to Louis. Louis would do anything in his power if he could make sure that Harry was happy and that "for me" was fulfilled. And when Harry said it in the case of the money, Louis took it. Harry just didn't need to know that Louis was going to use that money as a little aid to his university fee. 

Because Louis would do anything for Harry.

-A/N-

hey guys its lyn hows it going? good i hope. anyway so this is the latest chapter of recover. amy and i havent decided how much longer its going to be. not very long tho, probably a chapter or two i think. im sorry but this story is someting we've been working on for so long now we just dont know how to feel about it and you guys have been so incredible waiting with us and all so thank you so much.

so here it is and have fun.

lyn (with a side of amy)