Chapter Fourteen; Confidence

"We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot."

                                                                                                   -- Eleanor Roosevelt

It was late when Harry, Liam and Louis all finished their ice cream. Harry was cuddled into Louis with his head against Louis' chin. He could feel Louis' breath against his hair, warm and comforting. Louis sat with his arms wrapped around the half-sitting half-lying Harry. Liam sat on another couch, sometimes glancing at the pair with awe. He had never seen Louis so happy.

"I should go," Harry stood up, stretching after taking a quick peek at the clock above the TV. 

Louis stood up right after, protesting using gibberish. "But, Harry, we, do, to, play, fun ... ugh! Harry, you can't leave! It's late and it's dark!"

Liam shook his head, internally laughing at Louis' failed attempt at trying to find a legitimate reason why Harry should stay. He shoved a little bit of hair to the side when it flopped into his face. He wondered why Louis was trying so hard to get Harry to stay, they were going to see each other tomorrow anyway--probably. 

He sighed after listening Louis whine and try a little while longer, "Just stay the night, Harry. Trust me, you won't be a bother." 

He wasn't sure if Louis saw it but he did. He saw Harry's eyes flare with a sense of fear and he grew suspicious. But being the kind, soft-hearted boy he was, he let it slide; it was Harry's choice to keep some things a secret. And that was okay.

"I-I don't know," Harry mumbled, almost incoherently, looking to the ground while shuffling his feet.

"Harry, seriously," Louis said, moving closer to Harry, who had distanced himself through these past ten minutes. He wrapped his hand around Harry's back and brought him into his chest. Yes, Harry was taller but if one asked Liam what he thought, he would've said that they looked nothing less than perfect and he felt that he was intruding. It was a sight to behold. 

"But, Louis, my mom-"

"Don't worry, just tell her that you're staying here." Louis handed him his phone and Harry hestitantly dialled his mom's number. He asked for permission, often stuttering due to Louis' intense stare. After a few moments of just talking to his mom, he said his last quick words, "I love you too" and handed the phone back to Louis. "She said yes."

The next part can be told in two different perspectives. One, Louis' and the other, Liam's. Now, if you asked Louis, he would say that he just smiled and gave Harry one of the tightest hugs he had ever given. But if you ask Liam, he would say that Louis squealed like a girl and literally pounced on Harry. Once again, different perspectives. 

Either way, the outcome was the same, Louis and Harry were hugging as if they would never see each other again. "I'm so glad," Louis whispered in Harry's ear. Harry involuntarily shivered as Louis' hot breath hit his ear. 

"Me too," he whispered back.

And the next couple of hours were spent in front of the TV with shameless cuddling and movies. They had gone through The Notebook, Grease and were halfway through Toy Story when Harry let out a yawn. 

"Do you want to go to sleep, Haz?" he asked. Harry nodded his head against Louis' chest. Louis eased himself up and helped Harry up too. "Let's go to bed." 

They bid goodnight to Liam, who grunted in response, too attached to his movie to care.

Harry had to borrow sleepwear from Louis, who was quite smaller than him, so his pants became capris and his shirt was slightly tighter, though, it didn't bother either of them. For possibily the millionth time that day, Harry found himself tucked away into Louis' chest, snuggling as hard as he could.